Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Kyocera M6535cidn

Hi All

My customer has a brand new M6535cidn we setup that has only 850 clicks on it. They recently had a fuser jam that they carefully pulled out in 1 piece and now we have almost the entire page covered in cyan toner. We had a tech out to customers today and he said everything looks fine. No buildup on transfer belt but transfer roller covered in cyan toner. If he switches the cyan drum to the yellow spot it does the same coating with yellow. I know that points to a bad drum unit but this is the second one that weve seen this on and was wondering if anyone else has seen this before. All firmware is up to date. Example attached.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera M6535cidn

Re: Kyocera M6535cidn

Good question, hopefully it is covered under Kyocera's warranty. We have had the drum chips fail and the mfp would error out and reference to a bad drum, 9 times out of 10 mfp was totally off and unplugged. Tech's would go in to service, clean the laser unit area, reassemble the mfp, then "boom," drum code. We started to carry chips from old drum units in our parts stock because of this issue.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera M6535cidn

Re: Kyocera M6535cidn

Probably have a drum contact dislodged. Could be an easy fix but might as well get your warranty.

No idea how jam caused it.