Technician

CS6002i - C7301 code

Hey guys, got a bit of a stumper here and i was curious to see if anyone else has ran across this code or issue. Machine started out not being able to do anything, and i was getting the c7301 code, which is Toner motor K. When it does go to make a copy, its faded out really bad, and only makes one copy before throwing the code. So i have repalced the feed image board, the entire Toner supply unit (where the motor is physically at), The main drive unit, and I've even swapped out main pwb and all of the voltage boards, and put a new develpoer unit and drum in it. In MM 135 and 030, i can hear all of the motors turning which is odd as well. Any help or ideas would be cool, I'm at my wits end

Re: CS6002i - C7301 code

I may be able to help here. I had pretty much the same problem just no faded images but it's still the same code. I think the piece you need to look at is called "Drive Section 2". There is no part number or removal instructions but once we figured out how to get it out of the parts machine, I swapped them and the code went away. In the first picture, number 8 is the motor on this drive section. That section is what you want to get out. It's fairly easy as it is located right above the hopper assembly. Image 2 shows the full section out. We think that what was actually causing the code was the little RFID board (Number 4 on the third image) on this section. We found that that board was covered in a thin layer of toner which could have been cause the problem, but we still have one on order just in case. It seems like that is the only electrical component on this assembly so that makes us lean towards it being the culprit, whether it's because of the toner or an electrical problem. Hope this helps!

container motor image.JPGRFID image.JPGRFID Part Number.JPG

Technician

Re: CS6002i - C7301 code

Gonna throw an update out here, in case anyone else ever runs into this. Ended up being the drum and developer pwb in the front of the machine. It had power fall in between the covers and get into the connectors and it had shorted out.