Technician

Arrow KX Drivers on Galaxy Book 2 running W10?

Hi folks, new to the forum and to the industry.

Just encountered an issue attempting to install KX drivers on a Galaxy Book running Windows 10. Speaking to my superiors I have heard mixed suggestions: including using "samsung cloudprint" or just using "Universal Drivers"

Wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar situation, and how you came to a resolution?

For more background-- I was able to download and launch the KX executable, and itseemed to work fine, however at the final stage of the installation, the "KX Driver" was marked with a red X. After taking this action I could find the device in the control panel, and test prints came through without a problem, but it was using a generic plug-n-play driver.

I did attempt to uninstall the driver, delete the KX files from the C:\KX, re-download, extract and launch again to no avail. Then attempted to "add printer" from the control panel interface using the IP and pointing it to the "oemsetup" file, and it simply would not take-- said that the directory did not contain the correct drivers (it did).

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: KX Drivers on Galaxy Book 2 running W10?

I don't know Galaxy Book2...

Aside:
    Are you running the print driver install through a firewall container restriction?
    If you extract the drivers using a firewall container restriction the extracted files will be in the system temp folder not your chosen download or extract folder.
    If you try to manually install the drivers from outside the firewall container restriction they will not exist in your chosen extract folder.

Not sure if this helped...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    KX Drivers on Galaxy Book 2 running W10?

Quote Originally Posted by Xer0615 View Post
    Hi folks, new to the forum and to the industry.

Just encountered an issue attempting to install KX drivers on a Galaxy Book running Windows 10. Speaking to my superiors I have heard mixed suggestions: including using "samsung cloudprint" or just using "Universal Drivers"

Wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar situation, and how you came to a resolution?

For more background-- I was able to download and launch the KX executable, and itseemed to work fine, however at the final stage of the installation, the "KX Driver" was marked with a red X. After taking this action I could find the device in the control panel, and test prints came through without a problem, but it was using a generic plug-n-play driver.

I did attempt to uninstall the driver, delete the KX files from the C:\KX, re-download, extract and launch again to no avail. Then attempted to "add printer" from the control panel interface using the IP and pointing it to the "oemsetup" file, and it simply would not take-- said that the directory did not contain the correct drivers (it did).
    When you attempted to install the KX driver, did you right click on it and choose to "Run as Administrator"? Without elevating the install permission Win10 will not allow changes/additions to system files that the driver needs to do resulting in a failed install as indicated by your comment of the red X. Also does the user that you are using have permission to make changes to the system? If the user that you are using to install the driver does not have administrator rights it will fail.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    I don't know Galaxy Book2...

Aside:
    Are you running the print driver install through a firewall container restriction?
    If you extract the drivers using a firewall container restriction the extracted files will be in the system temp folder not your chosen download or extract folder.
    If you try to manually install the drivers from outside the firewall container restriction they will not exist in your chosen extract folder.

Not sure if this helped...
    Appreciate the input, but no this is just some business run out of a guys home. Everything worked as normal, and I even had the password for admin privileges, but the installation woudln't complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    When you attempted to install the KX driver, did you right click on it and choose to "Run as Administrator"? Without elevating the install permission Win10 will not allow changes/additions to system files that the driver needs to do resulting in a failed install as indicated by your comment of the red X. Also does the user that you are using have permission to make changes to the system? If the user that you are using to install the driver does not have administrator rights it will fail.

Not at first. To be honest I don't think it's necessary since the installation process prompts for privileges from the administrator via the UAC-- Which I was able to grant permissions through.. However after the initial attempt didn't work, after I uninstalled, deleted, re-downloaded, reinstalled etcetc.. I did think to try launching as an administrator and that yielded the same results. Guys above me tell me it's due to some incompatability somehow with the hardware-- Being that it's a samsung tablet t hat happens to be running windows?