Kyocera M5526 Color Banding

I am having an issue with a M5526 color copier. See attached image. It only does it in color mode. Black and white prints and copies fine. I have updated the firmware, installed new MPCB and tried a new Transfer belt. No change. I have a High Voltage PCB on order but it is on back order till 1/29. That is a red flag to me. I am leaning towards the High Voltage PCB as being the problem. Notice the lack of void edge. I visually checked everything I could as far as grounds, and this machine has a ton of them and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Machine only has 7,000 clicks 1/3 are color. Any thoughts??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera M5526 Color Banding

Pretty! Isn't it? What you're seeing is the HVT shutting down because of a high voltage short.

One of your color developing units is probably arcing to it's respective drum. It's probably not black, if black images are unaffected. I cannot help you choose which color to try first, but you'll need to change both the developing unit and drum for the specific color. I suppose that you could order CMY developer units and (1) drum, then try swapping in units. That way you could conceivably get it fixed in one visit.

So look at your sample image. The color that's shorting is usually the color that is least present in the heavy background. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Pretty! Isn't it? What you're seeing is the HVT shutting down because of a high voltage short.

One of your color developing units is probably arcing to it's respective drum. It's probably not black, if black images are unaffected. I cannot help you choose which color to try first, but you'll need to change both the developing unit and drum for the specific color. I suppose that you could order CMY developer units and (1) drum, then try swapping in units. That way you could conceivably get it fixed in one visit.

So look at your sample image. The color that's shorting is usually the color that is least present in the heavy background. =^..^=
    BlackCat hits the homer AGAIN! I concur.. we see this on several different brands.. even in color laser printers!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    BlackCat hits the homer AGAIN! I concur.. we see this on several different brands.. even in color laser printers!
    UPDATE

I have replaced ALL drums and ALL developers, along with the transfer belt and main PCB, problem is still present. The HVPCB will be in Tuesday, it's my last hope. I will update after it's install.

Service Manager 100+ Posts Raymondd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gandolf67 View Post
    UPDATE

I have replaced ALL drums and ALL developers, along with the transfer belt and main PCB, problem is still present. The HVPCB will be in Tuesday, it's my last hope. I will update after it's install.
    Any update on this? We have a FS6535cidn doing the same thing HV pwb did not rectify the problem (for us).

Quote Originally Posted by Raymondd View Post
    Any update on this? We have a FS6535cidn doing the same thing HV pwb did not rectify the problem (for us).

Yes Black Cat was correct.

Turned out to be the Cyan Drum unit. However I did have to replace the cyan, yellow, and magenta developers because they all became corrupt. (the developer looked black on all of them).

Replace each drum individually and test. You will eventually find the drum that is causing the issue.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by gandolf67 View Post
    Yes Black Cat was correct.

Turned out to be the Cyan Drum unit. However I did have to replace the cyan, yellow, and magenta developers because they all became corrupt. (the developer looked black on all of them).

Replace each drum individually and test. You will eventually find the drum that is causing the issue.

Good Luck
    Thanks for the response! Unfortunately we have change all drum and dv units to no avail. Waiting on a response from our rep...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I am impressed that responded so quickly. Not impressed that your last post was not corrected prior. You cost a guy time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    I am impressed that responded so quickly. Not impressed that your last post was not corrected prior. You cost a guy time and money.

Thanks for the reply

Have a Great Day!!

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    I just ran across this thread TODAY, check the start date of the thread.