Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

TA 2552CI back groung

Hi. I have a TA2552 ci. Original fault was black band on top of the page due to worn out K drum to get the customer going I swapped M drum with K so at least b&w copy is ok. Came back and replaced K drum. M drum back with M dev and new K drum with k Dev. First copy came out with very heavy magenta back ground. Went through the calibration procedure but it didnt help. Dev refresh, drum calibration did not help. Looking through another post HV board was at fault. I can't see how dev units or drums be incorrectly fitted as they slide in and lock. Colour counter is a tad over 100k on and b&w 220k and now new K drum so its not over life at all. Any ideas?
    Thank you

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    TA 2552CI back groung

Re: TA 2552CI back groung

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Hi. I have a TA2552 ci. Original fault was black band on top of the page due to worn out K drum to get the customer going I swapped M drum with K so at least b&w copy is ok. Came back and replaced K drum. M drum back with M dev and new K drum with k Dev. First copy came out with very heavy magenta back ground. Went through the calibration procedure but it didnt help. Dev refresh, drum calibration did not help. Looking through another post HV board was at fault. I can't see how dev units or drums be incorrectly fitted as they slide in and lock. Colour counter is a tad over 100k on and b&w 220k and now new K drum so its not over life at all. Any ideas?
    Thank you
    well moving things around can jiggle ( official tech term ) contacts or even crap down on contacts some TA's I've worked on had really shitty connection designs.

pull Drum/Dev/Belt/Fuser clean all contacts..in machine and on parts.. check for alignment..refit ( might as well give the whole unit a good cleaning while there )
    test... run some pages.. if still a prob.. get back with us on the update or the fix.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thank you
    Ok I had the exact same issue but it was yellow. Replaced all drums HVT developer. I'm bald now due to pulling my hair out. But then I found this and it worked. Kudos to the original poster bush tech.

If you have this fault you'll notice drum counts haven't cleared and if you switch U100 DC Auto Adj to OFF the fault will vanish.
    The fix was new drums, but I had to switch the machine on with no drums and allow it to error before the drum counts would clear on the machine.
    The drums I fitted without doing this had the count of the previous drum written to them, and they were cactus... back grounding and high count despite being brand new. So they've all gone back to Kyocera who seem to think this was all caused by fitting drums without switching the machine off.
    The techs involved when this machine was on the field deny this.

I took this one step further: My exact steps:

Clear counts in 930
    Make Sure values of 100 are at default
    Power off machine and remove drums
    Power om without drums installed
    This will result in a C7910 code
    Install new drums (I did all 4)
    Power on machine
    Adjust image settings

If this is done you will notice the drum counts are now all at 0 (new machine)
    To prevent this from happening NEVER swap drums on the low end models and NEVER replace a drum without powering the machine off. This unit seems to only recognize a new drum when its first powered on.
    Last edited by djs9164; 01-26-2019 at 01:04 AM. Reason: left out a credit

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Thank you for the reply. I have seen this post too. was hoping to avoid drum replacement. How long would it last by doing u100 and doing calibration/gradation? I guess without the auto adjustment it will be a matter of time before fault comes mack. Also radical step, since I have nothing to loose perhaps a factory reset?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    TA 2552CI back groung

Thank you for the reply. I have seen this post too. was hoping to avoid drum replacement. How long would it last by doing u100 and doing calibration/gradation? I guess without the auto adjustment it will be a matter of time before fault comes mack. Also radical step, since I have nothing to loose perhaps a factory reset?
    NO FACTORY RESET.
    Bite the PCU bullet
    Gradiation adjusts could F it up further ..what life on dev unit?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

You may get away with replacing the one drum. I did all 4 because when troubleshooting I was swapping drums everywhere. My color drum counts we're higher than the total color copies.
    Replace the drums and warranty them. Let Kyocera deal with it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA 2552CI back groung

Thank you
    Just be aware that when you're running developer refresh there is always a risk that if one of your developers is already starting to over-tone a little, after running developer refresh it may overtone a lot. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=