Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    TA3050ci with noise  +error code

Thumbs up TA3050ci with noise +error code

Customer called about noise ans maintenance message. When I arrive the machine was no longer working. It was making a motor

noise and error C2730. I looked up and seems to be transfer release motor error. Is this for the secondry trnsfer (roller) on right side door/conveyer unit. Please

advise as I have little experience on this and have only changed fuser and cleaned , lubed several months ago. Maintenance is for C kit which i will look up.

If I change whole conveyer will that solve problem. Motor sound appeared to come from rear of machine near fuser. Removed fuser and saw some wear on drive

gear but dis not associate that with C2730 code. Any guidance is appreciated. Frank

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: TA3050ci with noise +error code

Quote Originally Posted by axyun View Post
    Customer called about noise ans maintenance message. When I arrive the machine was no longer working. It was making a motor

noise and error C2730. I looked up and seems to be transfer release motor error. Is this for the secondry trnsfer (roller) on right side door/conveyer unit. Please

advise as I have little experience on this and have only changed fuser and cleaned , lubed several months ago. Maintenance is for C kit which i will look up.

If I change whole conveyer will that solve problem. Motor sound appeared to come from rear of machine near fuser. Removed fuser and saw some wear on drive

gear but dis not associate that with C2730 code. Any guidance is appreciated. Frank

I had this exact error on a 3550ci, essentially the same conveyor second transfer area. I believe the secondary transfer assembly does not come with the motor assembly. I have seen the gear on the motor shaft (located just beneath the secondary transfer assembly) get stripped out or slide off its shaft. I would take the whole right side conveyor off of its rails and inspect the str motor assembly.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

That code is common for this series. One of the shafts on the plastic housing breaks:

housing release drive.jpg

There are 2 gears on these shafts that spin with transfer release motor. When it breaks, you get C2730. You need to order HOUSING RELEASE DRIVE
    302K924782 and replace it. Take pictures as you disassemble it, and have a clear table for it.

Thumbs up Re: TA3050ci with noise +error code

Thanks Kyo fan. I took the unit apart(my first time) not feeling very confident and , yes the plastic shaft was broken. I suppose I

could put it all back together again. Customer asked how much for whole conveying unit and even proceeded to call Kyocera to get

part #. I have 302LK94022 but it is a littlle costlier that housing release drive. Save on labor charge though.

I am unfamiliar with this machine having done only a couple of calls. I was somewhat surprised by the way the registration roller was seated on unit

and wondering haw bushings engage when unit is mounted and is closed Frank

I repaired it with a long screw and nut to act as the shaft. but it didn't last.

Blackcat had a post with all the part numbers for this rebuild. It was 5 or 6 pieces. Can't find it at the moment

Wasn't so bad, I was nervous the first boot up though.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    I repaired it with a long screw and nut to act as the shaft. but it didn't last.

Blackcat had a post with all the part numbers for this rebuild. It was 5 or 6 pieces. Can't find it at the moment

Wasn't so bad, I was nervous the first boot up though.
    The screw and nut typically doesn't last. I was surprised how beefy the springs are for the second transfer unit. I can't find the thread either, but here's the record out of my spreadsheet:

"C2730" error, accompanied by gear noise. Plastic support post is broken within the secondary transfer shift drive gear pack. Gear tooth damage results. Replace Housing (302K924782), Worm Wheel 31/33 (302K924800), Gear Release 10/83 (302K924790), Release motor (302LC94190).

Mainly it's the housing that you need. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

We normally just replace the conveying unit, it's not that expensive and very quick to replace.

Can you please help me find the 302LK94022 spare part ?

Thanks a lot for this thread!
    Without all of you i'll certainly buy a new belt and a new drive for this problem