Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    cs3051...oh boy is this a good one

Re: cs3051...oh boy is this a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    Sounds to me the origin in hardware issue isn’t resolved. If you still have a black/blank screen its not going to be firmware, it’s still a component issue.
    So.....you fitted a known good main board? A known good control panel and those components are still on the machine? Tried a HDD..? None of the above require firmware to get a normal display. You will of course need to do firmware to get a properly functioning machine.
    Are you sure all the wiring damage is resolved?
    Yes all the boards were good in fact new with the exception of the op panel that was pulled to just long enough to test. I am about 85% sure of the wiring being all checked, but my eyes arent what they used to be

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This is for those that helped and have been following on.... The fix was 302LC94390 memory... oh and yes there were two other wiring harnesses that were chewed on that we missed not once but twice....but the memory was what was causing the issue

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scottb View Post
    This is for those that helped and have been following on.... The fix was 302LC94390 memory... oh and yes there were two other wiring harnesses that were chewed on that we missed not once but twice....but the memory was what was causing the issue
    Thanks for sharing. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Thanks for the update. Glad you got there in the end. From my experience, memory is a rare failure, but you never know what will happen when wiring is chewed! Well done!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    Sounds to me the origin in hardware issue isn’t resolved. If you still have a black/blank screen its not going to be firmware, it’s still a component issue.
    So.....you fitted a known good main board? A known good control panel and those components are still on the machine? Tried a HDD..? None of the above require firmware to get a normal display. You will of course need to do firmware to get a properly functioning machine.
    Are you sure all the wiring damage is resolved?

Before yesterday I would have said yes to the wiring damage being resolved, but when we found two harnesses damaged I am no longer certain. I have a couple of things to order to make sure that the DF and PF work, due to the machine sitting in the warehouse for a couple of years getting lost and the top paper tray rail being robbed, so it will be a week or so before this machine gets a full run down to see if its still got issues...but at least it has run 2 status pages so thats a huge improvement