Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Cannot open Command Centre RX

Can anyone help with this

Command Center RX home screen takes around 40 minutes to load on on any of clients PCs using all available browsers ( Edge, IE, Google Chrome). All PCs are W10 Pro

If I connect laptop into customers network, using a hub, I am able to access Command Center RX normally.

Same customer also has issues with scan to folder if scanning multiple pages. Temp scan doc appears in folder and the scan itself may eventually arrive but after scanner has thrown a 2201 error code. When the scanned document arrives it is corrupted.

Single scanned pages appear to be fine.

Again scanning docs of large size to my laptop are fine

Cannot find any evidence of incorrect network settings, IP conflicts etc.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Pat

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Cannot open Command Centre RX

Ideally what you need to do is run a patch cable from your laptop to the copier directly to remove the customers network from the equation. If you plugged the copier and your laptop into the same switch you may not be getting a true sense of the customers network... It sounds like its a network issue to me...but then thats what all copier techs say...and the network techs say its the copier

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Could be a bad network drop. I've seen that cause massive delays in print and scan jobs.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Since the laptop works connected to the customer network through a hub I do not believe there is a network issue perse`.

Are the other computers on a domain? If so when you connected to the network you connected without domain permission's and were communicating without additional protocols. This is why it is not a copier or "network", wiring, issue.

The customer's IT needs to find out what is in the login script that is causing the slow communication. Now of course I bet everything else works nice and quick on the network.

Of course ideally as mentioned earlier and connect directly to the copier, separate from the network, and make sure everything works properly. If it does work it is not the copier and it is still back on the customer's IT to find the problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

[QUOTE
    Of course ideally as mentioned earlier and connect directly to the copier, separate from the network, and make sure everything works properly. If it does work it is not the copier and it is still back on the customer's IT to find the problem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replies.

Connecting laptop directly via crossover was first thing I did. Printing, scanning, Command Center all work perfectly

You are correct, everything else on their network appears to be normal and I used their browsers to connect to external web-sites with no problem or delay.

Definitely an IT issue but I would still like to know what is likely to be causing it as it is bound to occur elsewhere at some point

Cheers
    Pat

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I would stick a small switch in between the MFP & the jack. I would also try changing the speed from auto to a fixed speed.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook