Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

fyi 4002i dv drive

Here is a little story to enlighten someone in the future who uses the search function.

I had a machine with complaint of occasional blank output.

But first a little background;
    There was an incident with the customer failing to follow the direction(shocking), and wasted a black toner by inserting it into the waste compartment instead of the toner compartment, then forcibly inserting the triggered new container into the proper spot and causing some damage to the shutter. after all this, many weeks passes without incident, we thought everything was fine.

Then a call about intermittent blank output. then, also intermittent C7301 (and hidden C7200).
    I saw the damage from the toner container shutter(previously thought to have been avoided), and figured ok, the toner hopper auger got some junk and fried the motor and stopped toner from going to the dv. I ordered the replacement hoppper, installed, tested, all seemed good.

Many hundreds of pages later, another call: blank output, no code! I figured, ok the dv probably got some debris blocking the port, I'll bring a new one and finally be done with it. The helpful customer with guidance over the phone(trying to avoid a45 mins drive ) attempted to re-seat and re-engage the dv engagement button, to no avail. upon my arrival, I removed the dv and found that it was bare where the drum meets the roller, and I could not turn the input gear at all, seized up.

new dv, and all is good once again.

The moral of today's story is this: Developer seizure on this machine doesn't seem to have any sort of code. Or perhaps, the hidden c7200 (Broken inner thermistor wire developer) ACTUALLY means dv motor error?? They seem to correlate, now that I've had a moment to look at the logs in detail.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Re: fyi 4002i dv drive

It could also mean that the SC codes and internal checks have a hierarchy , electronic codes before mechanical ones . So if all the electronic functions don't pass the drive systems don't run...This is just a guess.

Have fun..

P.S. Do you find it difficult
    explaining to some customers the concept of and how we are repurposing the empty K toner cart.?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    It could also mean that the SC codes and internal checks have a hierarchy , electronic codes before mechanical ones . So if all the electronic functions don't pass the drive systems don't run...This is just a guess.

Have fun..

P.S. Do you find it difficult
    explaining to some customers the concept of and how we are repurposing the empty K toner cart.?
    If U had a dollar for every customer that tells me no one told them how to change toner.....

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geo;737574[SIZE=2

P.S. Do you find it difficult [/SIZE]explaining to some customers the concept of and how we are repurposing the empty K toner cart.?
    They always seem good with the explanation... right until I leave.
    seems to be a lot of "after-hours staff" causing problems.
    Kyocera REALLY should label the doors. My label maker uses expensive tape...