Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

kyocerca p6035cdn does turn on

hello, I'm doing a favor to a colleague, I have a kyocera p6035cdn that does not turn on, I state that I do not know well kyocera (we sell ricoh), I suspect it is of course the power supply card, only I don't have the part to try it, I wanted to know if any of you who know kyocera well is aware of any known problem on this model, and maybe it has already happened to you, I would not buy the power supply and then it is not that, thanks in advance.

p.s.

the wiring diagram of the power supply board is very welcome, so I can check it.
    Last edited by luca72; 03-25-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: kyocerca p6035cdn does turn on

Dumb thought but these power cords look hard wired but they're not. It's behind a removable cover. Make sure it's not loose going into the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Dumb thought but these power cords look hard wired but they're not. It's behind a removable cover. Make sure it's not loose going into the machine.

thanks jr2alta, I'm not sure I understood well what you mean, I seem to have understood that there is a problem with the inside of the cables that go from the back inside of the 220v connector to the power supply? .. the printer gives me the they have been taken to the lab, the psu I have even taken apart, visually there are no traces of burns, but I thought that maybe those who know these models well are aware of some confidential technical information

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'm saying there are two ends to the power cord. One into the wall outlet, one into the machine. The machine end can be loose since it's not hardwired.

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    I'm saying there are two ends to the power cord. One into the wall outlet, one into the machine. The machine end can be loose since it's not hardwired.
    thanks again, but ... then I understood correctly !!
    1) the power cable is not of the customer's, the p3065 is here in the lab.
    2) the continuity of the connection interface of all the connectors (hi & low voltage) has been tested with my multimeter (I also tried to move them)
    3) I tested the varistors and fuses, they are ok
    4) I don't have the wiring diagram, tomorrow my colleague sends me the service manual, but I don't know if I find them the scheme
    5) the 220v on the card is there.

6) the power supply emits a very faint tick that is barely perceptible like an old spring clock

tomorrow check the 400v starting capacitor

P.S. you're really witty, you'd be furious at the beginners' cabaret evening ... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by luca72 View Post
    hello, I'm doing a favor to a colleague, I have a kyocera p6035cdn that does not turn on, I state that I do not know well kyocera (we sell ricoh), I suspect it is of course the power supply card, only I don't have the part to try it, I wanted to know if any of you who know kyocera well is aware of any known problem on this model, and maybe it has already happened to you, I would not buy the power supply and then it is not that, thanks in advance.

p.s.

the wiring diagram of the power supply board is very welcome, so I can check it.
    problem solved, I found an ic with a nice burnt spot and it stinks, unfortunately we don't read the features, so we sent the printer to a kyocera center here in Milan.
    kind regards.
    Attached Images Attached Images