Kyocera 5052ci Tray switch booklet issue. prescribe?

Hi everyone,

We have a bit of a head scratcher that I`m hoping someone may have come across...

We have a 5052Ci with booklet finisher and 4 tray configuration. The customer has set programs for their booklet jobs. A4 Mono, A4 Colour, A3 mono, A3 Colour.

Top three trays are set to A4R. (They mainly do A4 booklets).

From the print driver it works fine, once tray 1 is empty it carries on to Tray 2 and then Tray 3. However if they set a job going as a copy job, it'll take it from one of the trays (by default tray 1 unless that is out of paper). but once a tray runs out it does not auto switch and continue...

I thought it might be because of their programmed option, so I have tested it as a booklet job by scratch. Sure enough, once tray 1 is empty the machine stops and asks for more paper in tray 1 or you can physically select the other tray and tell it to continue. Unfortunately that is not an option as the customer wants to set it going and leave it with no intervention.

In the past I noticed that you could create a paper tray group.. (Device setting > Paper/Feed/output > create group 1 and add the three trays) which was done on older models but that doesn't seem to be the case on this machine.

Hopefully there's someone out there that has experienced this also.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 5052ci Tray switch booklet issue. prescribe?

You can still create paper tray groups but I believe they have to be setup through the Command Center.

Quote Originally Posted by wragsdale View Post
    You can still create paper tray groups but I believe they have to be setup through the Command Center.
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply, we have created the paper tray group via pc login into the machine (tray 1,2 and 3) but still stops after running out of tray 1 only on copy jobs.

🤔

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera 5052ci Tray switch booklet issue. prescribe?

Is the tray being specified in the copy job setup?
    Are the trays the same in size and media type?

Hi,

The program is set up to take from tray 1, but so did the previous machine and that continued onto tray 2, the program is set up identically to the old machine (the previous machine was a 5501I)

The trays are all set to A4R plain.

Im hoping it`s something stupid that I have missed, but I am stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Is the tray being specified in the copy job setup?
    Are the trays the same in size and media type?
    Just a quick update on this, so the old machine continued onto the other trays with the trays grouped together, and in the job program tray 1 selected, great, this new machine set up exactly the same way didn`t, so I re set up the program without specifing a tray and bingo, continues onto the next tray, very strange.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vedder View Post
    Just a quick update on this, so the old machine continued onto the other trays with the trays grouped together, and in the job program tray 1 selected, great, this new machine set up exactly the same way didn`t, so I re set up the program without specifing a tray and bingo, continues onto the next tray, very strange.
    Exactly, I have noticed with machines that when copying is you pick a tray, it will not switch.