Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

DP-7100 on 4002i

checked event log and the latest listed were j9005 and 9011. DP was disabled when i arrived, reset it came back to life. the lift plate comes up to the pick up roller, press start but it doesn't feed. pick up and feed don't spin. checked for broken gears ran motors in 243 checked sensors in 242 all test ok. didn't see anything broken. anyone see this before. thx

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: DP-7100 on 4002i

Did you pull the covers and check the DP connector? It might have been not fully seated and has come out enough to cause failure. Its free and worth checking.

Technician

Check the feed tyre holder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

This should be interesting, we are having similar mechanical issues with a TA6551ci with mpt failure j0509, mpt lifts as to feed but rollers don’t turn , we have tried feed pcb, engine pcb, complete mpt tray and conveying unit, we are waiting for main pcb to try next. Sorry my comments probably won’t help you in your fault

Quote Originally Posted by taskalfa View Post
    This should be interesting, we are having similar mechanical issues with a TA6551ci with mpt failure j0509, mpt lifts as to feed but rollers don’t turn , we have tried feed pcb, engine pcb, complete mpt tray and conveying unit, we are waiting for main pcb to try next. Sorry my comments probably won’t help you in your fault
    Checked wiring and reseated checked feed assly too

Technician

Make sure that the rear fulcrum on the ADF lift plate is not cracked or broken. I don't know the number but there is a QA/Bulletin about this issue.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie179 View Post
    Make sure that the rear fulcrum on the ADF lift plate is not cracked or broken. I don't know the number but there is a QA/Bulletin about this issue.
    I believe that is QA 2ND-0115 (I189)

thanks guys it was the lift plate rear post broken. ordered the new one and works like a champ.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    DP-7100 on 4002i

Does Kyocera still hide the QAs? Have to use Internet Explorer, search keywords..open every document to see what it's about because they don't name them?

If not, please let me know a better way! Wish they'd all just be bulletins in the bulletin section of kdaconnect.

DP-7100 on 4002i

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Does Kyocera still hide the QAs? Have to use Internet Explorer, search keywords..open every document to see what it's about because they don't name them?

If not, please let me know a better way! Wish they'd all just be bulletins in the bulletin section of kdaconnect.
    You are not alone on this. Kyocera does not publish or notify dealers of tech bulletins any longer it seems. Case in point, the transfer pipe cleaning problem on some color machines, picked up the
    QA out of the UK on this website, but try to find it on the US website it does not appear. Also, logging into the tech portal to research recent helpdesk resolutions to a problem only returns info from years ago nothing recent. And as you said, you have to open each one to see what it is about as they are not named/described in the header, a long tedious process. What happened to the days when tech bulletins were pushed out to the dealers via email so they could review them to see if they applied? All I have seen recently is notifications regarding firmware updates, QA's/tech bulletins such as the aforementioned pipe cleaning problem are no longer sent out.