Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 4020 creasing paper

Check that the feed assembly isn't missing the spring and the sep assembly is seated properly.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts NomisNirrad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    "and No toner in crease ideas?"

the main clue right there...

means the crease is PRE DRUM!

look at registration
    does it buckle too much before the reg?
    Is there a way to actually see if it is buckling, clear covers on a laser would pretty cool sometimes?! I tried the stop test again this AM but they had already printed before I tried so no crease. They had a bunch of printing to do late yesterday
    so I haven't had a chance to clean the registration roller yet, I will do that this AM.

Okay I am 99% sure it's the fuser, you can never be 100% sure until you change the part.
    After around 10 stop tests, I noticed no crease entering the fuser. But when I pulled the paper out of the fuser there was a crease. Tried again and instead of pulling it through the fuser, I manually turned the fuser gears and presto, there was a crease! Having one overnighted as they need to print checks. I did pull the fuser and the red rubber pressure roller has some horizontal ripples in it that are difficult to see and they are only one 1 side, the side where the crease was occurring. Thanks for all of the help guys, I will post back after swapping the fuser and verifying it actually fixed it.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

If the fuser was just recently replaced, I wonder if it's not seated in just right causing it sometimes skew as it's going into the fuser.

Quote Originally Posted by JVergin View Post
    If the fuser was just recently replaced, I wonder if it's not seated in just right causing it sometimes skew as it's going into the fuser.
    On this printer the fuser slides out of the rear by pulling a handle. During my stop tests I pulled the fuser out and the half a sheet sticking out of the entrance did not have a crease until I rotated the gears which pulled it through. I replaced this fuser 3 or 4 moths ago but it was not a new fuser, it was used. I hang on to some of the extra parts when replacing maintenance kits that still appear to be in good shape. I did not see the tiny ripples on 1 side of the pressure roller when I looked at it. Usually the first thing to go is the teflon coating which looked perfect on this one.

Verified fixed, fuser was the culprit. I wished all fusers could be changed out as easily as it is on this printer.
    Thanks again for all the help guys!!!