Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Re: P-2040DN paper jam

Quote Originally Posted by gimikbg View Post
    Here you can see how to fix a common problem with Kyocera P2235dn, M2040dn etc. It's about the fuser fixing film and the oil application pad. Its very easy repair, and no new parts needed.

https://youtu.be/C2dcyLhGZsQ
    Hope it helps you!
    Have a nice day/night!
    The amount of disassembling and reassembling rules this out as a repair in most environments. There has to be an hour involved in that? Also removing the pad and lubing the plate underneath? No manufacturer puts something in a machine that doesn’t need to be there. Sorry, I’m not buying this as a viable fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Scarekrow View Post
    I don't trust these Chinese Fuser-Grease repros, I use HP #CK-0551-020 for that as the (more expensive) #HP300 Grase seems to be too sticky...
    Works just fine, no complaints, no smell whatsoever, you can get that over at CET:

OEM #CK-0551-020
    CET# Thermal Endurance Viscosity Precipitation rate Proportion of volatile Density
    (Evaporation per 24H at 200℃)
    CET0058 -20℃---+200℃ Cone Penetration(60 times) 280 0-4% 0-1% 2.0g/cm³

OEM #HP300
    CET# Thermal Endurance Viscosity Precipitation rate Proportion of volatile Density
    (Evaporation per 24H at 200℃)
    CET2828 -65℃---+250℃ Cone Penetration(60 times) 230 0.08 0.002 1.96g/cm³
    Last edited by likomit; 01-08-2024 at 01:02 PM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Copier Mechanic View Post
    I am guessing that the oil pad from inside the fusing film restricts some of the heat produced by the heat lamp therefore causing paper jams? and once removed and new oil application, the heat will increase on fusing film surfaces?
    Nope, look how that film looks after ~50k pages:

Shared album - Marius L. - Google Photos

I've also had repairs where the pad seemed to be okay, maybe there should relubricating the pad with fuser oil have done the job, but I've removed it anyways, better safe than sorry ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    The amount of disassembling and reassembling rules this out as a repair in most environments. There has to be an hour involved in that? Also removing the pad and lubing the plate underneath? No manufacturer puts something in a machine that doesn’t need to be there. Sorry, I’m not buying this as a viable fix.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's there to lube the Fuser-Sleeve, but it's not reliable, a big Engineering fail, everyone at kyocera is aware of, but there seems to be no will to change or improve that pad, so the classic way with fuser grease (as done everywhere else, Brother, HP etc..) is the way to go!