Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

P-2040DN paper jam

Hi there!

Several printers P-2040DN on the field have paper jam when printing multiple prints. Jam is in the fuser area.
    Probably related to the bulletin for the actuator on the exit sensor.Rollers are definitely ok.Does anyone have any similar problems?

Thanks!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: P-2040DN paper jam

Quote Originally Posted by TEC DOG View Post
    Hi there!

Several printers P-2040DN on the field have paper jam when printing multiple prints. Jam is in the fuser area.
    Probably related to the bulletin for the actuator on the exit sensor.Rollers are definitely ok.Does anyone have any similar problems?

Thanks!
    Very common with these fusers to jam 42xx , replaced many in the field, also had fuser units bind and cause thumping sounds, other than that they are quite reliable

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I too have replaced many fusers in these printers because of multiple J42xx jam issues. I have one on the bench now that I replaced the fuser in. It was removed from the field and replaced with a newer printer of the same model. When I got it back to the shop and on the bench, I noticed the speed of this printer was very, very slow. It is quite literally half as slow as a new, identical model.
    Sometimes a lower fuser temp can cause slower print. Even now, the fuser in this printer shows a prefix of the effected units, i.e., ERV.

Is there any other way to fix this issue rather than replace the fuser yet again?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    P-2040DN paper jam

Quote Originally Posted by StratManDan View Post
    I too have replaced many fusers in these printers because of multiple J42xx jam issues. I have one on the bench now that I replaced the fuser in. It was removed from the field and replaced with a newer printer of the same model. When I got it back to the shop and on the bench, I noticed the speed of this printer was very, very slow. It is quite literally half as slow as a new, identical model.
    Sometimes a lower fuser temp can cause slower print. Even now, the fuser in this printer shows a prefix of the effected units, i.e., ERV.

Is there any other way to fix this issue rather than replace the fuser yet again?
    typically a SLOWER paper travel means a HIGHER fuser temp ( adjusting for thick paper for proper bonding of tone )

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    P-2040DN paper jam

What's the above bulletin about? A fix? Mine usually can't pass any paper so I don't think an actuator would fix it.

I haven't tried a sensor. It's not listed in manual but probably compatible with many others.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Im just wondering if you have quite mode turned on, this slows the print engine by half

Quote Originally Posted by TEC DOG View Post
    Hi there!

Thanks!
    This is a common problem for this series..... remedy, dismantle fused unit, inside the Teflon there is heating lamp, backside of the lamp is a material like cloth, it gets worn out or dry......grease with silicone oil. You are good to go

I am a new user of this forum. Hello everyone.
    I just fixed the problem of jams in P2040dn. The printer is almost new. The printer was jamming in the fuser. The paper was in the fuser and inside, 1 cm behind the registration roller. Simple, undamaged paper. Sometimes the printer worked well, most often the paper jammed. Sometimes it displayed a jam right after turning it on. Message - Paper Jam. Open the front cover and open section D. Section D is a fuser but I have not read the jam symbol.
    The reason was a malfunctioning level of optical sensor. Located at the exit of the fuser, on the cover D that opens. Most often he did not return to the starting position. At first glance it was ok, but it was possible to lift it with a finger 2-3 mm further. I gave 2 drops of oil to the place where the level works, I bent the spring slightly for stronger pressure and now the level always returns to the correct place. The jams have stopped. The printer is now working properly.
    I hope some of your problems don't require a fuser replacement.
    Regards.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but google hits this thread everytime for this problem, i thought id update with my solution on multiple machines now, i found the roller on the springs in the middle of the flipdown tray to be the issue, they feel like they have good tension but they don't, take them out and retension them as good as you can, this has fixed it for me on multiple machines where it's stopping at the fuser or after the fuser, i tried also retensioning and greasing the sensor flaps but that didn't help and also on one re-greasing the fuser plastic roller.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    P-2040DN paper jam

Quote Originally Posted by The1 View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but google hits this thread everytime for this problem, i thought id update with my solution on multiple machines now, i found the roller on the springs in the middle of the flipdown tray to be the issue, they feel like they have good tension but they don't, take them out and retension them as good as you can, this has fixed it for me on multiple machines where it's stopping at the fuser or after the fuser, i tried also retensioning and greasing the sensor flaps but that didn't help and also on one re-greasing the fuser plastic roller.
    Your on about the 2 white rollers on the back door? To be honest I don't think they do anything as the fuser is the thing pushing the paper past these. They turn with the fuser not separate to it if that makes sense.

Just a really bad design I did one a few weeks back replaced fuser with a brand new one started making a vibrating noise had to go get a replacement for the brand new fuser.... Once you get some heat into it they free up and you think you've fixed it but once it cools they lock back up. If your really unlucky they get that tight they take out the fuse drive.

Fw is supposed to help teamed with a low power save timer but that's only good once you've replaced the fuser. They are a good little machine only real issue is black lines on drum and this one..