Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Unable to register on KFS

I have 3500i that was registered and working on KFS. After a HDD failure, I have not been able to get it to reconnect. I've done full firmware, HDD format & 021. As a troubleshooting methed, I've enabled the web browser & tried to connect to https://rfs-us.kyocera.biz and get the message in the picture. SSL is on in the protocols on the machine and the machine scans to Office 365 using STARTTLS. I can browse to the unsecure Google page, but get the same error when trying to get to their secure site. The hotline & I are out of ideas. Anyone have anything else to try ?
    SSL.jpg
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Unable to register on KFS

Try deleting the machine from the KFS server, then try and re-add the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by CWP View Post
    Try deleting the machine from the KFS server, then try and re-add the machine.
    Sorry, I forgot to add that to the original post. I've also cleared it with U520 multiple times.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to add that to the original post. I've also cleared it with U520 multiple times.
    Delete the unit from KFS, turn off remote services on the unit and power cycle. When the unit is rebooted turn on remote services and re-enter the info. What is U520? My manual does not contain a sim code of 520? Is SSL enabled on the unit after the HDD replacement? Do a sim 021, reboot and see if you can reconnect to KFS,

You can use U520 for enabling/disabling & registering the device for remote services. It will also show you if it's online.
    SSL is enabled, otherwise scan to email would fail since it's using STARTTLS. U021 didn't fix it. That & formatting the HDD was what the hotline suggested.
    To me, the problem resides with the SSL, or I could get to the URL with the web browser. When testing it that way, it shows OK on the web page for a functioning device.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Try setting the secondary DNS server to 8.8.8.8. The Google DNS is what is advised by Kyocera and I find it works the best. I have also found that setting the secondary DNS without setting a Primary will sometimes confuse the machine and it will not connect so I always set the primary to 8.8.4.4, the other Google DNS. This way when the on site IT guy gets lazy the device will still function. Its worth a try and hey, its free.