Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera M2540 dw, drum installation issues/toner installations

Hi Folks,
    Kyocera M2540dw, had previous issues with jamming,turned out to be the fuser, was still under warranty , from Kyocera/ACM Technologies, I got a fuser, at no cost. Now I have a new issue, customer went to replace toner, must have removed the whole developer. I noticed, the left, black guide, wasnt in place. I tried to re-install, noticed a spring, that had fallen. So I brought the printer to my shop, as I couldn't, get developer to install , myself. Looking for help, to what I may need to look for , as I know, as this is installed, it opens/lifts shutters. I got the black guide plate in, still have troubles getting the developer unit to install properly. Anything, I need to look for, as to this guide plate, and the developer , going into the machine, properly..?

Thanks,
    Jaime,
    Independent Copier Svc.
    Stonington, CT.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Kyocera M2540 dw, drum installation issues/toner installations

Did you check the drum shutter? It is very easy for the customer to pull on the shutter instead of the blue tabs to remove the drum dislodging the shutter from the guides? It may not be apparent and when you install the dv it can not raise the drum shutter keeping it from fully installing.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

There is a flap that pops up on the drum. You can safely remove that and machine will work fine and dev will be able to be refitted easily.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    There is a flap that pops up on the drum. You can safely remove that and machine will work fine and dev will be able to be refitted easily.
    Thanks...I got the shutters, o.k., I actually taped the shutters open, to be sure of exposure, my 1st thought , was shutters, as I'm getting blan copies, even when I print out a status page. Stopped the copy in the middle, and no latent image on the drum.., checked all the contacts for drum and developer unit..has anyone else this issue?
    I'm stumped, aside from being and hvt...any suggestions, appreciated !