Technician

Kyocera ecosys P3045DN error F4D6

Hello everybody, I have an error F4D6 on this printer immediately at start up. Service mode is unavailable and I don't find this error code in the service manual. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Kyocera ecosys P3045DN error F4D6

Quote Originally Posted by stephaneleclere View Post
    Hello everybody, I have an error F4D6 on this printer immediately at start up. Service mode is unavailable and I don't find this error code in the service manual. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Disconnect the printer from the network cable and see it it power on without a code. If it does there is a bad job in someone's print queue you will need to delete. Update firmware. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stephaneleclere View Post
    This code is associated with startup lockup when the machine is connected to KFS. It requires the latest firmware.
    See bulletin 2T6-0024 (J052)
    If the communication is not stable at the machine where the KFS is connected, there might be the possibility that the machine might not start up as the information from the machine cannot be sent to the server *1 and system error F60A, F4D6 or service call error C0100 [Back up memory device error] occurs.
    *1: The communication failure is once stored in the non-volatile memory of the machine. And after that, if the communication is successful, the latest information is sent at this point and deleted from the memory. However, the old information which is not the latest cannot be released and continue to accumulate. If this condition is repeated, memory overflow might occur.
    Note)
    This is the caution if the main unit locks up due to this cause, there might be the possibility that it might not be able to upgrade the firmware with the new one. Then, it is necessary to replace the main PWB.
    (Once upgrading the firmware to the new one, accumulated information can be released)

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by GeneOR95 View Post
    This code is associated with startup lockup when the machine is connected to KFS. It requires the latest firmware.
    See bulletin 2T6-0024 (J052)
    If the communication is not stable at the machine where the KFS is connected, there might be the possibility that the machine might not start up as the information from the machine cannot be sent to the server *1 and system error F60A, F4D6 or service call error C0100 [Back up memory device error] occurs.
    *1: The communication failure is once stored in the non-volatile memory of the machine. And after that, if the communication is successful, the latest information is sent at this point and deleted from the memory. However, the old information which is not the latest cannot be released and continue to accumulate. If this condition is repeated, memory overflow might occur.
    Note)
    This is the caution if the main unit locks up due to this cause, there might be the possibility that it might not be able to upgrade the firmware with the new one. Then, it is necessary to replace the main PWB.
    (Once upgrading the firmware to the new one, accumulated information can be released)

i have done firmware but still get the F4D6 error any other suggestion would be appreciated

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera ecosys P3045DN error F4D6

CF4Dx: An error is detected at the Entity control section.

Service Bulletin C031-2LC-0057 Jan 2012

That's all that I've got. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

I remember that I have replaced the main PWB to solve this problem...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brantekcc View Post
    i have done firmware but still get the F4D6 error any other suggestion would be appreciated
    See the last paragraph of my original response'

You may have to replace the main pwb.