Senior Tech 250+ Posts

J0107, C6220, C6320 Taskalfa 3252ci

I'm running low on options for this one, and am wondering if anyone else has encountered fuser heating control problems with a 52 series color box so far?

Background: This machine is a few years old already, was one of our earlier installs of a 52 series box. so far it's been set and forget, and working really great all along. 135k total prints, 10k color and it's environment is in a farm equip dealership showroom with hard floors and surprisingly low dust considering the gravel parking lot and farmers walking past all day.

Then a couple of weeks ago it started getting C6220, C6320 high temp errors and J0107 all in the logs. Most (maybe all) of the errors occured during jobs that print reports consisting of many double-sided letter pages. I updated tht firmware, and I replaced the fuser unit, and noticed that the connector for the fuser was dislodged in the device, so I placed it back correctly and seated the hooks so that it wouldn't come away again. The connector looks to be in perfect condition. I'll be inspecting behind this connector during the NEXT visit...

I looked at the power outlet voltage and saw an idle voltage of 124vac, and loaded voltage of 118vac. I replaced the IH control PWB and immediately saw that the outlet voltage wasn't being dragged down so low anymore, staying above 120vac. A few days went by, and the errors/jams returned. I inspected the fuser connections, the HV to the IH coil separation part, the heavy cables and grounding of the IH coil, and tightened all screws for grounding and strapping.

I decided since this is a distant machine, I'd replace the engine board after inspecting all those grounding connections. This brings us to the present; the day after the engine swap, an overnight report generated a J0107 as per "usual". I haven't seen any C codes since I replaced the IH control PWB.

I've got about 13 hairs left to pull... and they're all basically grey at this point.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    J0107, C6220, C6320 Taskalfa 3252ci

Re: J0107, C6220, C6320 Taskalfa 3252ci

There's a bulletin on the fuser rotation errors. Replace it under warranty and you'll get the new and improved variety. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    There's a bulletin on the fuser rotation errors. Replace it under warranty and you'll get the new and improved variety. =^..^=
    what fuser rotation errors are we talking about??

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sparkycivic View Post
    what fuser rotation errors are we talking about??
    The fuser belt slips on the drive and causes rotational errors. On the earlier machines there are foam like pads between the belt and the drive ends that I’ve had fall out completely.
    Fuser replacement under warranty. Problem solved.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I'm not having any fuser rotation errors, C6220 and C6320 are thermistor high temp errors. J0107 is Fuser temperature stabilization timeout, according to the manuals.

I already replaced the fuser thinking the thermistor(s) were faulty.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

An update:
    Hotline advised to try a low voltage pwb, and also do long term power quality monitor. The C codes and J0107 are continuing, so the monitor will get placed as soon as I get my hands on it this week...

Has anyone found a use for u161 adjustments in a scenario that includes C-codes for overtemp?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Another update: denied further troubleshooting efforts in lieu of machine engine replacement(upgrade excuse).

My last effort ended up being to have the customer ADD A LONG EXTENSION CORD to the copier so as to dull-down the input voltage (and possible noise peaks), which caused the machine to behave normally once again! There were no more jams or codes at all for the last two weeks.

The upgrade was completed today, so I now have the engine in our shop for further investigation. I'll likely replace the LVPWB, and send it to a new home... much closer to the shop. I'll likely never know for sure if replacing the LVPWB fixed the issue because the power input can't re replicated. Ill torture it in the shop first to see how it behaves before changing anything, I promise to update any significant findings here.

sparky

Technician

C6220 I fixed by removing paper between the fuser and induction coil right behind fusrr. Take a minute to pull it. Good luck.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i agree with BC regarding fuser rotation problem.
    We are talking about "older" 3252ci.
    I don`t know all U167 values from before FK exchange.
    100k in total (1. value of U167) is the only information we got, but much more important are 2nd and 3rd values.
    2nd shows released runtime in minutes
    3rd shows pressed runtime in minutes
    In case of extended sleep timer fk drive won`t stop anymore and 2nd value will increase dramatically.
    Finally the belt slips or drive gear will wear out..
    C6600 mostly comes up, but C6200,C6220 or C6770 also can happen.
    If the belt slips or wouldn`t driven, the thermistor will measure wrong values.....
    Please check fk drive gears during next visit
    FYI i attach small information regarding fk drive i created for our technicians
    Attached Files Attached Files