Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

taskalfa 4500i network

i connected machine to a network.
    I exscuted system, 4500 4500 for password and loggined in, TCP IP set, IPv4 (change) , entered an ip , added drivers in computers .
    Machine worked for some days and then customer informed me that they could't print. I changed ip and seted up drivers on new ip address . It worked but i noticed that at IPv$ change icon the old ip remained. I turned off auto ip and bonjour. Network has auto ip for computers so i advice them first to turn on copier and then computersIt worked for about 2 weeks customer informed me thatthey could't print .I printed net report and was no ip also at IPv4 change in grey letters the ip now is 0.0.0.0 but when i ender this menu and selected DCHP the old ip remained.
    Can anybody tell what i have missed during setup?
    I

Re: taskalfa 4500i network

Set the ip address copier to static (fixed) then setup your port to that same address

Technician

Make sure DHCP is off, set IP to what you want, and restart machine. Settings won't stay until restart.

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Set the ip address copier to static (fixed) then setup your port to that same address
    In order to make copiers ip static, i have to turn auto ip to off?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    taskalfa 4500i network

Nevermind Auto-IP. Turn off DHCP.

Auto IP means the copier will pick up an address if it gets no instruction from a router or DHCP server. Usually something like 169.254.x.x

If you get that kind of address you got problems.

taskalfa 4500i network

Quote Originally Posted by Gab View Post
    In order to make copiers ip static, i have to turn auto ip to off?
    No, auto IP is only valid if DHCP is set to on and there is no DHCP server available to provide an IP address the machine will assign an IP address itself, typically a 169.254.xxx.xxx. As previously suggested, set DHCP to off and then enter the static IP address you want along with the subnet mask and the gateway IP address, then re-boot the machine. Your manual settings will now be set for the network interface and will not change. We turn off auto IP on machine setup, as a loss of network connectivity for a few minutes could cause the unit to assign itself an IP address when it cannot contact the DHCP server, even though the MAC address has been entered as a reservation for a specific IP address. Once the unit auto assigns an IP address it ignores trying to contact the DHCP server again until the unit is powered off/on.

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    No, auto IP is only valid if DHCP is set to on and there is no DHCP server available to provide an IP address the machine will assign an IP address itself, typically a 169.254.xxx.xxx. As previously suggested, set DHCP to off and then enter the static IP address you want along with the subnet mask and the gateway IP address, then re-boot the machine. Your manual settings will now be set for the network interface and will not change. We turn off auto IP on machine setup, as a loss of network connectivity for a few minutes could cause the unit to assign itself an IP address when it cannot contact the DHCP server, even though the MAC address has been entered as a reservation for a specific IP address. Once the unit auto assigns an IP address it ignores trying to contact the DHCP server again until the unit is powered off/on.

I set DHCP and auto ip to off i wrote a ip address , gate away, and subnet mask , turned off an on copier but the following occurs.
    1) No ping from the computer to this ip
    2) i printed the status page ang IP address is not defined the same subnet mask and gateway.
    3) When i select network, TCP/IP ,IPv4 appears besides 0.0.0.0 select change and at the 3 text bopxes are the ip , subnet mask and gateway i gave. but no ping from computer. (ip was 192.168.1.197)

Finally i changed ip to 192.168.1.10 . This time ping respons to ping 192.168.1.010 (if i write 10 instandt of 010 no ping). I installed drivers to this ip (192.168.1.10) but no printing.

Previous times i changed ip , ping was ok , installed drivers and it printed for some days ok. Now it doesn't print.

I remind that machine is second hand and i think perhaps the previous owner had some arrangements.........
    Anby idea?

do an ipconfig get the network settings
    than add 50 and set copier to that ip address in copier
    turn off than on get a status page give it two minutes to fully boot up. confirm the same address you inputted

than ping copier

than set the printing port to that ipaddress raw 9100 and uncheck snmp

Last edited by bsm2; 05-23-2019 at 03:35 PM.

taskalfa 4500i network

Time to get out a laptop and connect the network cable directly to the copier, set ip addresses for the laptop and copier and see if the issue is with the machine or the network.