Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Multiple document fax job

I’ve got a client that is wanting to fax multiple documents to someone. We have a custom box set up for their documents, yet when we select more than 1 document it tells us we can only do 1 at a time. Is there any work around for this besides Joining the documents together in one file? They want to just be able to select the documents and send and not have to go through multiple steps to do it.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Multiple document fax job

Quote Originally Posted by Rlcdrew View Post
    I’ve got a client that is wanting to fax multiple documents to someone. We have a custom box set up for their documents, yet when we select more than 1 document it tells us we can only do 1 at a time. Is there any work around for this besides Joining the documents together in one file? They want to just be able to select the documents and send and not have to go through multiple steps to do it.
    a lil more info needed:

WHAT MODEL?

what are the fax settings?

are they loading the ADF before trying to send job?

Technician

Oh yea I’m sorry I thought I put the model in the title, it’s a 3252ci taskalfa. Fax settings are the general preset settings as I didn’t figure it was something in there since we couple send multiple documents as email either.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I seem to recall a feature where you can set a time each day when the faxes will go out. The faxes get loaded to a specific folder throughout the day, then at a preset time it sends them all. This sounds like the best feature for your situation. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Ah yes I think that was something with the Fax Box setup, however they do job bids and contract work so they need it to go out as soon as it can, I brought that up to them and they declined it as an option. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to come up with a solution to do what they want with the least amount of steps possible. They used to use a program from Muratec called Office bridge that would allow them to use a network share folder and select as many documents as they wished and fax them all at once. But it’s a Muratec specific program.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

Have you looked into kyoceras accusender fax application?

They could use a pdf merge program to combine before faxing. How many documents are they faxing?

Next question is why are they NOT emailing them?
    Another option could be a shared folder like gdrive and share the folder via email.

We had a pool company with 150 stores and would broadcast fax to all of them, service call was can't receive faxes? Yep about 1.5 hours to sent faxes out. Solution was buy another fax one send one receive.

Technician

Well we have the custom box set up for them to share on the copier and they also have their network share folders as well. Me personally, I’ve always asked why not just email them, especially with the volume of documents they distribute. On average they send maybe 3 - 5 documents per customer. I’ve always figured the size of documents would’ve been too large for fax. Plus with new and secure features such as Docusign, I figured more would move away from faxes unless they are medical, law offices or government offices. But we still do have a fair number of clients than insist on using fax instead.
    Oh and yes for now they are using the copier’s merge function to send multiple documents, they just want it to be simpler.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    They could use a pdf merge program to combine before faxing. How many documents are they faxing?

Next question is why are they NOT emailing them?
    Another option could be a shared folder like gdrive and share the folder via email.

We had a pool company with 150 stores and would broadcast fax to all of them, service call was can't receive faxes? Yep about 1.5 hours to sent faxes out. Solution was buy another fax one send one receive.
    Same situation: It was a large flower distribution center associated with just under 100 branches (the only reason I remember was it was the only machine I've ever had that filled every one-touch). They would broadcast 25 pages to all 100 locations (conveniently numbered 1 to 100), and yes it did take a while. They could not receive anything during one of these broadcasts, since the machine automatically dials the next destination the moment it finishes the previous.

Faxes just aren't very suitable for some tasks. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Duplicate RX/TX fax boards.

Yes some other model MFD's would allow duplicate fax boards in the same machine.
    It would send and receive faxes at the same time.
    Two separate physical phone lines are required though.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••