Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

DF 7110-- placing extra blank page dead center of booklet

One of our customers has a cs5052ci with a 4000 (df-7110) sheet finisher that contains a booklet maker.

They called last week because the machine was adding an ADDITIONAL blank folded page to the very center of the booklet. Now it's pertinent that the machine wasn't truly configured to copy into "booklets, it wouldn't allow for this due to the fact that it was all on "legal" size paper-- It was configured to bi fold+ saddle stitch, while copying in duplex.

Also, we were attempting this from the ADF (dp-7110) because we could not find a way to program the print job to grab the "cover" sheet from the bypass on the mac KX driver.

The booklet itself consists of 28 sheets of Normal-Legal paper, with content on the front and back of each folded sheet, and the machine is programmed to not print the cover but instead grab sheets of thick-stock legal from the bypass tray and staple those to the front as the cover.

Now the only thing I have been able to surmise is that is current composition is requiring an extra sheet due to the machines limitations? I brought this up to the client but he insists that the cover would count as 4 pages, due to it having content front/back. But, while I'm a newbie, I have a sneaking suspicion that it is in fact only counting for 2, for a total of 58 pages..

Would that possibly be the case? If he has 28 pages folded up it would amount to 56 pages, with a cover folded over the front amounting to 58-- And it's my understanding that these devices must print booklets in multiples of 4..

Anyway, I never did come to a resolution-- Tried to consult Kyocera customer service reps, this was at 4:30 pm last Friday and my call was redirected to a message saying "our business hours are between 9 am 6 pm please call back during normal business hours"

If anyone has any experience with a similar issue I would greatly appreciate any info/guidance.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    DF 7110-- placing extra blank page dead center of booklet

Re: DF 7110-- placing extra blank page dead center of booklet

I'm not entirely following your description but I can add my suspicions:

The booklet maker copy function is designed for 1-up single or duplex originals (1 image per page side) to become 2-up duplex printed pages, then folded and stapled. It is not designed for 2-up original images (2 images per page side).

Does that clear anything up? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=