Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

UTAX 3060i Dying

Hi all,
    To start, I am a Ricoh dealer so I have minimum involvement with kyocera and utax but I have to look at a utax 3060i (I think is a kyocera taskalfa 3010?).
    They say it had a message on the screen saying 'Running self diagnostics' or something along those lines. But also the screen has gone black and the power button flashes, they cannot wake the copier up at all or print to it when this happens until they turn the machine off and on. This has happened about 4 times today. Nobody has taken note of any error codes though so far.
    First question would be is this anything obvious I can fix?
    Second question is if I go into service mode, where can I find a printout of error codes or something that will tell me what the problem is so I can go from there?
    Any help would be appreciated as my experience is limited on this brand

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    UTAX 3060i Dying

Re: UTAX 3060i Dying

there is a code that goes along with this message

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    UTAX 3060i Dying

U001 Error Log will print off your jams and errors. The will be error codes to help you determine what is happening. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Cheers for that I think it was U000 in the end as U001 was to exit service mode.
    It shows codes F245, F46F and F25E all happened a couple of times each since yesterday morning. Also code 7810 basically once a month as well which I guess I will forget for the moment.
    Half of them seem to be related to boards and half of them seem to be related to receiving bad print jobs, any one seen similar codes appearing together and what could cause it?
    I don't really know how to update firmware on this type of machine or even where to get it from but I'd be willing to give that a go if it helps.

UTAX 3060i Dying

Sorry, yes U000. The CF codes often relate to print data errors.

I suspect that the firmware will be the same as Kyocera and Copystar on the UTAX rebadge. It may help, and it may not. If your enduser likes to print webpages you'll probably see a lot of those CFxxx codes.

C7810 is a shorted external temperature thermistor. I've never seen that error before.

It is a car insurer office and they pretty much all print from a software called CDL which only works with Kyocera printers because of native language.
    They did mention back in March there was a slight chnage as to how they print or something. But surely the problem would have happened months ago if that were the case.
    I tried to contact the CDL company to ask what changes they made but the guy was busy and now waiting fo him to 'call me back' but probably won't happen.
    It seems odd that it has print data errors and also external thermistor error in similar times. On a Ricoh I would consider that a board fault when totally different fault codes happen simultaneously without cause... although I don't know the real cause yet. More diggin to be done and will end up going there to check machine over once I have a bit more info

UTAX 3060i Dying

The Stratos series are pretty reliable board-wise. I haven't had to change very many boards.

Could you have a power issue? That would account for the synchronicity. Perhaps a visit with the power quality analyzer is called for. I've seen cases of power issues causing FalconIII's to fall off the network, then come back onto the network all by themselves. =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    UTAX 3060i Dying

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    It is a car insurer office and they pretty much all print from a software called CDL which only works with Kyocera printers because of native language.
    They did mention back in March there was a slight chnage as to how they print or something. But surely the problem would have happened months ago if that were the case.
    I tried to contact the CDL company to ask what changes they made but the guy was busy and now waiting fo him to 'call me back' but probably won't happen.
    It seems odd that it has print data errors and also external thermistor error in similar times. On a Ricoh I would consider that a board fault when totally different fault codes happen simultaneously without cause... although I don't know the real cause yet. More diggin to be done and will end up going there to check machine over once I have a bit more info
    Per chance are the documents your customer is printing out from the CDL software word documents? If so, are there embedded file links in the document that are trying to pull data to insert in the word document from a different [in our case a cloud server]? Had a case about a year ago where a state agency was printing normally and suddenly was getting a series of F-codes. After working with the IT dept. for a day and a half, discovered the third party vendor had switched to cloud servers except none of the state users had the proper credentials to access the server which resulted in the print jobs throwing the F-codes and even locking up the machine to where a power reset was required. The resolution in our case was to have the third party vendor authorized the state workers access to the servers that their program was pulling the embedded data from. Hope this helps a little.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

We are talking about Tomcat range, (not Stratos..)
    FW version 6.00 maybe can be helpfull.
    See enclosed bulletin from KYO.
    But i don`t know how you can get this FW.( It`s too big for mailing)
    Maybe you can it from Kyocera, because UTAX FW is same as KYO.
    You also can compare print protocol and eventlog by date and time stamp and check if special printjobs are the reason for these codes.
    If there is no match between print and errors you can disable not needed protocols, like NetBui and others.
    Also check U520 and switch to "OFF" if KFS not needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files