Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Service Supervisor

Kyocera DF-7120, papers not aligning for staple finish

Hi, first post.

Yesterday I looked at a TA 6002i with DF-7120 finisher. Staple jobs are not performing correctly; every few sheets (3rd-5th page of 10+ batches) is offset about 1cm or so to the right (or front if you are facing machine). The staple barely catches it. Now in the past, my senior tech (no longer with company) stated that the paddles that stack the papers will develop grooves from constant rubbing from paper, which can cause sheets to catch on paddles, pulling them out of stack and causing this issue. I've gone through the DF-7120 SM and PL looking into this and haven't seen any mention of it. Should I look into replacing the paddles or is there something else going on? Timing appears on target, sheets are just not shuffled completely.

Field Service Supervisor

Re: Kyocera DF-7120, papers not aligning for staple finish

UPDATE:

Tried cleaning the paddles in finisher, and covering the sides with tape to create a clean surface. Neither worked. We are ordering new paddles. The only other suggestion I've found is static on paper- replace paper with good stock.

I have 4 other machines down that I can't figure out but this is by far the most frustrating!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Don't know if it is the same service manual (I believe it's close enough), but I have been fighting booklet problems in a DF-7130 with a BF-9100, and I have noticed in U246 there is adjustments for 3rd or 4th sheets in. Worth trying before replacing side guides?
    The Moose is loose!!

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Not sure what paddles you're looking at, but the gray rubber fingers get worn. They are what pull the pages back in to the compiler. When new, they are squared off. They become round after use. I carry them in my tool grip.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Service Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Not sure what paddles you're looking at, but the gray rubber fingers get worn. They are what pull the pages back in to the compiler. When new, they are squared off. They become round after use. I carry them in my tool grip.
    That's what we are considering next. Replaced the 'cursors' but no effect. Giving tech the service mode options to check the motors and switches as well.