Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Falcon 2 Open Drawer 1 message

I thought this was going to be easy, its a Falcon how hard could it be right. Have a customer with a 5035 that says"Open Drawer 1, check and remove paper from inside the machine" . Well easier said then done checked no paper. Swapped drawers, feed units no change. Thought might be lift for strange reason but no change. If pull drawer one no problem can use the Mp tray or Tray 2 without a problem. Put in tray one and get the message and it won't lift the tray at all. Also of course ran 906 no change. If this were older would think be paper jammed in tray connector. Ok what did I miss I'm sure going be something easy and obvious, or at least I hope so.

Re: Falcon 2 Open Drawer 1 message

did you do a 906 reset

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aktech View Post
    I thought this was going to be easy, its a Falcon how hard could it be right. Have a customer with a 5035 that says"Open Drawer 1, check and remove paper from inside the machine" . Well easier said then done checked no paper. Swapped drawers, feed units no change. Thought might be lift for strange reason but no change. If pull drawer one no problem can use the Mp tray or Tray 2 without a problem. Put in tray one and get the message and it won't lift the tray at all. Also of course ran 906 no change. If this were older would think be paper jammed in tray connector. Ok what did I miss I'm sure going be something easy and obvious, or at least I hope so.
    You need a new lift motor

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

if its not the lift motor, I would check the connector that the feed unit plugs into on the back of the frame.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aktech View Post

Sounds like the paper isn't lifting. If you have changed the lift motor with a known good motor, the next thing s probably the engine board which drives the lift motor.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Is there a jam code stored? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

I did try 906 and a lift motor from another machine. I don't really have a known good one this machine I took parts from wasn't able to run it first. I haven't checked jam codes but I will try that tomorrow actually need go back for something else. I guess ultimately I could check it with the tray two lift motor switch it around. I was also wondering about possibly the board that controls it but that I don't have another one to try. I'll look at the connector also, while I'm there. Least got few things to try would like to try another motor if I can scrounge one up. Thanks for the input.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

It's probably too late to stop you from doing this. What usually happens is that the shorted lift motor that damaged the drive circuits for tray #1 is then shifted to tray #2 and damages the drive circuit for tray #2 also, disabling both trays. If you find that you now cannot lift on either tray, you'll need an engine board and two lift motors, since you cannot be sure which one is shorted. All must be exchanged at the same time. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Time to upgrade machine well past it's life

Technician

I wouldn't trade the # 1 lift motor for the # 2. Been doing this too long to do that. Was going trade 2 into one spot if anything. I didn't get chance look at it again yet. I must say though in all these years working on Falcons and their close relatives haven't had a lift motor take out a board yet. Had plenty bad lift motors but guess just been lucky always been just motor. They even sell lift motors anymore. Seems like weren't they selling a black lift motor now with a different mounting plate that came from the 5050's or 520's ? Getting hard to remember been longtime. Like get them another machine but the owner is kind of cheap and loves these. They have two 5035's and a 3530 still. I'm just glad got them out of their 1855 years and years ago now that was a challenge, thing never stayed up always trying close on my head. Think going try round up another lift motor hopefully one I know works before go over again.