turn unit off and then back on, the switch at the back RHS bottom
    Nah, it was actually U000 "Exit Maintenance Mode" lol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera TaskAlfa 3050ci - Colors Denser Near Edges

Re: Kyocera TaskAlfa 3050ci - Colors Denser Near Edges

either or

Field Service Supervisor

U001 exit maint. mode. U000 is print maint report.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by RY1997 View Post
    Sorry about that. I just added an inline image that shows the "problem".

This is very disappointing to say the least. I'm actually trying to run a small printing business from home (I've even gotten a few orders so far), and I've been told color quality is lacking by customers. And just so you don't think I'm off my rocker, I know these machines do not compare to digital presses. I know they aren't necessarily made to be production machines, it's just that the company is local and the price is right for me to make some good profit.

Anyways, the feedback I have received doesn't have to do with this at all. Rather, color accuracy was lacking for an order but I got more accuracy when picking "Vivid Colors" from the print dialog for color settings.

For full bleed designs like postcards, business cards, or even full bleed brochures, I guess it doesn't matter if it's darker near the edges because it will almost always be cut off.

You seem to know your Kyocera machines. The only other complaint I have about this machine is that colors are darker than what appear on my screen. A basic bright red looks maroon when printed on a page. Do I bump up the saturation, lightness or both in print settings? I print from Publisher, Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop. I'm trying to print some nice 4x6 postcards to send to specific businesses in my area (I have leftover stamps in my car from when I was on eBay), but the colors just look so much darker and all.

Funny, the technicians through the rental company tell me I need to pay more money for higher quality paper. But I have this darkness issue on 110lb Domtar/Cougar Cover, and that paper isn't cheap. What are your thoughts on adjusting my colors in my print settings for brighter reds and blues?
    How much are they charging you for that copier??