Technician

3252ci Wrong Paper size

I've been dealing with a 3252ci that when doing Ledger size prints from Adobe reader they will sometimes print on Letter size paper and it cuts off most of the print. Its happened on 3 different PC's. Even have a 6052ci thats doing the same thing but instead of Ledger size its doing Letter size prints onto Legal paper. Each machine has the cassettes set to a specific paper size so its no longer auto detecting the paper. Anyone have the same issues?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    3252ci Wrong Paper size

Re: 3252ci Wrong Paper size

Quote Originally Posted by Rlcdrew View Post
    ... Each machine has the cassettes set to a specific paper size so its no longer auto detecting the paper. Anyone have the same issues?
    That's the first thing that I would change. Kyoceras Auto Paper Detect accurately when set to Auto Inch or Auto Metric (for metric users). They will not print faxes to trays set to a specific size, even when it's exactly the size needed. Be sure that the trays are accurately auto-detecting paper size. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

I was curious about that. The 2 1500 cassettes on bottom are left at letter, figured there’s only one size they could be. I haven’t seen the problem yet, they were supposed to have sent us an email with a photo of the on screen message, but they would rather complain about the problem than help us diagnose. Any time I’m onsite everything works just fine.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Auto/inch is the way to go.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Just make sure that “Choose paper source by PDF paper size” is NOT ticked. This will over ride the print settings as it prioritises the page size of the Acrobat document. Always choose actual size or fit to paper as this will then size correctly for the paper chosen in the driver.

Technician

I didn’t even think of that one. I will check into that one. Thank you.

Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar

I had this issue with one customer on a 2552ci. They also said sometimes they'd do a standard print job, and it would choose to pull from the MP tray. Of course it was out of town and I couldn't reproduce any of the problems.

- I set all paper trays to a fixed paper size instead of auto.

- system menu -> Printer -> paper feed mode set to Fixed (Sometimes as "Auto" the copier will ignore commands from the computer to print from a specific tray)

- I deleted the Kyocera printer and any Kyocera print driver from their computers and started fresh. They had 2 versions of the KX print driver installed, plus a KX XPS driver that windows probably installed automatically. Sometimes having multiple print driver versions can cause intermittent problems.

- Educated them on "Page Setup" in some programs will override any print driver settings for that document. Make sure the page setup for the document isn't forcing the printer to pull from the MP tray, or some other tray.

- Educated them that sometimes things don't happen as desired with ANY electronic equipment. If its something that happens once every couple months, it's probably not something to get too concerned about.

Haven't heard back from them since!

Technician

I think I will try these tomorrow at another site. Thank you!