Senior Tech 100+ Posts

5052ci preprinted perforated paper

Looking for some input. I have a customer that runs preprinted perforated only in this machine. problem is it will jam a couple times in a run of 2500 sheets. Machine has all updated parts for feeding issue and when I run white 20lb bond its fine. I realize the track record for this model is not the best and I do not think 2 jams should not be a big deal but customer is not having it. the preprinted paper is 20lb so I changed media setting to preprinted and does not change the outcome, even increased the weight a bit to see if it helps. Wondering if anybody has a better idea for this issue.
    unfortunately there is no setting for perforated.

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: 5052ci preprinted perforated paper

Same jam location each time? Maybe try sep spring pressure adj depending on jam code.

It may work better if you went to a heavy 1 setting and try it, the perforations may be slowing the paper

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigster View Post
    Looking for some input. I have a customer that runs preprinted perforated only in this machine. problem is it will jam a couple times in a run of 2500 sheets. Machine has all updated parts for feeding issue and when I run white 20lb bond its fine. I realize the track record for this model is not the best and I do not think 2 jams should not be a big deal but customer is not having it. the preprinted paper is 20lb so I changed media setting to preprinted and does not change the outcome, even increased the weight a bit to see if it helps. Wondering if anybody has a better idea for this issue.
    unfortunately there is no setting for perforated.

Thanks

if it's just 2 jams in 2500 sheets. it is possible part of the perforated edge it sticking up and catching in the paper path? or is it just the paper itself that jams? haven't messed with kyocera in a good while., this machine was designed to handle perforated paper? i don't know of any copier that works well with perforated paper. though there are several brands out there i have never touched before.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I forgot to try the sep adjustment might help.

thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

It's probably not that it's pre-printed, it's that it's pre-perforated. Perforated paper does not buckle nicely. It folds on the perforation then rips when the buckle is taken up. AFAIK there isn't anything that you can do about that. Maybe you can change the orientation so the perforation runs in the feed direction? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

As per Blackcat, I’m thinking change of orientation. If the perforation is from front to rear then that is really going to mess with the buckle. Also will depend where the perforations are. A 180 degree turn may also work presuming this is only getting fed single sided.
    Have you tried feeding from different trays? Tray one being a shorter paper path may work better for this than tray 4 or LCF.