Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F60A codes

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    F60A codes

F60A codes

is anyone else getting these F60A codes on the 02 and 03 machines during the early morning, and does anyone know what is causing this

Re: F60A codes

F60X Abnormality detecting in the maintenance
    mode/
    Remote Service Management Department
    1. Initialize HDD and perform an operation check.
    (FULL of U024) *
    2. Carry out U021 Main backup initialization and perform an operation check.
    3. Exchange a Main board and perform an operation check.
    4. Exchange HDD and perform an operation check. *
    5. Get USBLOG and contact service headquarters.
    * Only HDD standard model
    In case of F60A:
    60A is occurred when device registered
    Remote Service detects off-line status with
    external system.
    Please check device Network Settings and
    Network environment which device is used
    (include Disconnection rule/status in night
    time and on weekends.)
    Hope this helps.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    F60A codes

Quote Originally Posted by Scottb View Post
    is anyone else getting these F60A codes on the 02 and 03 machines during the early morning, and does anyone know what is causing this
    We were getting a ton of reports via KFS of F60A codes on M2540dw's [no hard disk]. What helped was turning off energy saver for the network connection [and fax] on these units. Before we turned off the energy saver we would get dozens of emails reporting a F60A every morning [we have several hundred units in the field]. What I have surmised is the unit knows it is supposed to report to KFS but cannot wake the network connection out of sleep. Since making the change to network energy saver we have very few F60A codes reported.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    F60A codes

Thanks guys! I appreciate the information

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

For us it is only reporting in KFS and not at the machine panel, so clients are unaware of any issue.
    Just a KFS communication problem that I suspect will be resolved with firmware.

F60A codes

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    For us it is only reporting in KFS and not at the machine panel, so clients are unaware of any issue.
    Just a KFS communication problem that I suspect will be resolved with firmware.
    You are correct in that it is normally just a report through KFS. However if the non-communication persists, it will show up on the control panel and require a power cycle to clear. If memory serves me correctly from a TB I read, if the non communication persists for more than one hour or upon waking from sleep mode it will be displayed on the panel and require the power on/off sequence. We did have a couple occurrences of this which flustered the customer. Not a major issue, but just a heads up.

Technician

Hi Santander

I am getting F60A codes in a morning around 3.30am, you mentioned the following,"What helped was turning off energy saver for the network connection [and fax] on these units".

Can you expand on this and advise were to find the settings you made a change to please?

I have 6052/4052 and 6635 devices all set to off in the sleep and power mode settings and my low power is set to 120 with my sleep at 60 minutes.

I am getting fed up of unless error emails.

I have updated the device firmware to the latest levels via Kfs, do you know if the skip file is kept in or not?

As I am in the Uk, I have spoken to Kyocera Uk helpdesk who do not know the answer and have escalated it to Germany which is where Europe reports to.

Many thanks Chester

F60A codes

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Hi Santander

I am getting F60A codes in a morning around 3.30am, you mentioned the following,"What helped was turning off energy saver for the network connection [and fax] on these units".

Can you expand on this and advise were to find the settings you made a change to please?

I have 6052/4052 and 6635 devices all set to off in the sleep and power mode settings and my low power is set to 120 with my sleep at 60 minutes.

I am getting fed up of unless error emails.

I have updated the device firmware to the latest levels via Kfs, do you know if the skip file is kept in or not?

As I am in the Uk, I have spoken to Kyocera Uk helpdesk who do not know the answer and have escalated it to Germany which is where Europe reports to.

Many thanks Chester
    You can set the energy saver to off via KFS. Locate the unit in KFS and open it's summary page. Then click on tasks and then device settings. Retrieve current device settings and scroll down to sleep level. Click on the edit button on the right hand side and turn off sleep for network and fax. I read in a QA or TB some were, can't recall, that turning off network sleep has no effect unless fax is also turned off. In the next section down in device settings you can even turn off auto sleep if you desire. Hope this helps.

Technician

Thank you Santander, I will take a look at the sleep settings you mentioned.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hi all,
    kyo released a eval version for this.

have fun