Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Taskalfa 307ci ...... Cannot Log into command centre

Cannot get to the bottom of this.
    I have an office with 1x Taskalfa 3253ci and 2x Taskalfa 307ci.
    Got a call to say they had problems with both the 307ci's going offline so out I went.
    Once there I wanted to log into the 307's Command Centre but both machines refuse to allow it.
    I can open command centre and look at the basic settings, but if I try to log in as an administrator using the default password/User, Admin/Admin the machine stops responding and shows error code F24C. I then have to reboot the machine.
    I have tried reloading the firmware, tried setting to factory default ( maintenance mode U002 ) and initialising the memory ( U021 ) all to no avail.
    I can find no way to log into command centre as an Admin to change any settings.
    Kyocera suggest the main boards need to be changed, but I can't see that the main boards would have become faulty on both 307's, they have only been on site a couple of months, with approx' 9k copy count each.
    The customer can print and scan at the moment until the machines go offline, then they work fine after a reboot 'till next time.
    The 3253ci has no problems and I can log into the command centre perfectly.
    Has anyone else had this problem.
    Regards ........ Gary

Re: Taskalfa 307ci ...... Cannot Log into command centre

Is it from both walkup and using the web interface? you get the error?

You maybe be able to send command line down I would check as this may be for older kyocera's
    !R! KSUS "AUIO", "CUSTOM:Admin Password = 'admin00'";EXIT;

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Try these options.

Reset the Admin Password

If a customer changes the Administrator password from Admin to something else, and then forgets the password, you can try these methods to reset it.
    The first thing to try is to log into the machine's “User Login/Job Accounting” function under the system menu with the supervisor account (IE; 4500, 4500 on a TA-4551ci). From there you can go to “User Login Setting” > “Local User List”. Select the Admin user and touch the “Detail” button. From this screen you can change the Admin password back to Admin. You can also create a new user/password combination and assign this new user administrator privileges. DO NOT share this info with customers. If this fails try the next methods.

Reset Command Center Password with KMNetViewer
    First access the device in KMNetViewer by using the "Administrator" password (usually the numeric password.)
    To do this, when you first "discover" the device in KMNetViewer use the "Administrator" password in the box for "Administrator Command Center Password" in the Communications dialogue and Admin/Admin for the Login dialogue.

Right click on the device and select "Advanced". Select "Set Multiple Devices", Select "Custom Mode" then "NEXT."
    At this point the device model should already be selected. Touch "NEXT."

If the "Multi-Set Settings" display shows that "Device User List" is available for selection you can access and reset the Admin password. If this selection is not available then this method will not work.

Select ALL available boxes and select "NEXT."
    Select "Create from device" and check the box "Overwrite settings on target Device" and touch "NEXT."
    Select the device you are working with and touch "NEXT."
    If this is successful you should see "Copying settings to file successfully finished." displayed. Select Close.
    Select "Device User List" from the "Select Setting Group for View and Edit" drop-down menu and select "Edit Settings."
    Right click on the Admin user and select "Properties."
    Enter the new password twice and select "OK."
    Select "Close", "Close" then "Save to file, overwriting your original file. Click "Finish" and when it completes you should be ready to go.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If you ran u021 that would have reset the command center password. I think the F code is the problem, not a password change.

Can you try connecting your laptop directly to the machine with a crossover cable and then browse to the command center?

This would eliminate anything in the network environment

User: Admin
    Password: Admin

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by nathicana View Post
    If you ran u021 that would have reset the command center password. I think the F code is the problem, not a password change.

Can you try connecting your laptop directly to the machine with a crossover cable and then browse to the command center?

Thanks nathicana but Yes I tried that.
    With my laptop connected directly via a crossover cable I can look through command centre until I try to log in. I input the user Admin then the password Admin then the browser (Chrome) says error 404 cannot open the page & the 307ci display shows error F24C. It's almost as if trying to log in to command centre is triggering some kind of data error. But why is it suddenly happening with 2 fairly new 307's both on the same site.
    Makes no sense.

Regards ......... Gary

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nathicana View Post

Have you tried different browsers? I personally prefer Firefox for most things. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

wow! I didnt know cats and foxes played well together!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Have you tried different browsers? I personally prefer Firefox for most things. =^..^=
    No I didn't think to try firefox. Will try that next time I go there, thanks blackcat.
    Regards ...... Gary

I am having the same exact issue as stickfly, on an M3550idn. Tried updating firmware to latest. User getting F24C code when logging in thru Chrome. 3550idn will occasionally drop off the network. Was there a resolution to this problem?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I just had a customer call me yesterday with same issue, I updated firmware on two printers via KFS waiting to hear back