Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    tduzan

KM-5050 Scan to Email issues Error 2204

Hello all,

I'm the IT guy that gets stuck managing and maintaining all the copiers and printers where I work, and we have recently acquired a KM-5050 copier for one of the departmental workrooms. I've had it set up for about a month now with no issues, and everything with scan to email was working.

I added a new user to the address book today, and I am receiving Error 2204 almost every time when trying to scan to this user's email account whether entered manually or through the address book. All other accounts still work fine. I've confirmed that the mail server is functioning properly and that the messages sent from the copier are passing through correctly, and that this person's account is set up correctly and otherwise working properly.

Every once in awhile, it will work and scan to this user's email without an issue, but the majority it will just throw Error 2204 and cancel the job.

Any ideas what the meaning of this error is or anything I can try?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM-5050 Scan to Email issues Error 2204

Error 2204 indicates an E-mail size limit has been reached. Browse to the command center and general SMTP, under the email settings set the size limit to 0 or unlimited.

tduzan
    Thanks, this appears to be the solution. Problem solved.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    10871087 do u know where i can get a list of the scan errors,i normally just try work around them without knowing what they are actually telling me.Would be handy to know

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts B0265's Avatar
    The send error codes are listed in the KM-3050/4050/5050 service manual in the trouble shooting section.