Technician

TA 250ci white space

Hi all . can any one help what is the problem here in 250 ci copier.
    I do change the drum units and the charger of course , developer , also change the transfer belt and the fuser unit , the white light space is fixed in the right upper area of the paper , and it appears in every color , i attach the black and blue ones .
    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Apkareno; 1 Week Ago at 02:45 PM.

Re: TA 250ci white space

Hi we need more information.

The problem could be Drums/ Main charges/ Dev's/ Transfer belt....
    Are the "white space" over all colours equal, are the main charges clean? If so, look at the transfer belt unit.

Drum/ Dev /Transfer belt/ MK counters?
    These machines do not like to make big solid images. How is your everyday quality affected?
    The product may be brilliant and the salesperson proficient, but if the technician isnít efficient, then the story will end there.

Technician

I do change the drum units and the charger of course , developer , also change the transfer belt and the fuser unit , the white light space is fixed in the right upper area of the paper , and it appears in every color , i attach the black and blue ones .

Quote Originally Posted by Apkareno View Post
    laser

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    TA 250ci white space

Quote Originally Posted by Apkareno View Post
    Hi all . can any one help what is the problem here in 250 ci copier.
    thanks
    i think you rushed the 'repair' on this unit. What is the paper feed direction?

any time I have PQ/CQ issues, I ALWAYS START with proper cleaning. since the void is always in the same spot sounds like: 1) laser beam is blocked by paper etc 2) laser shield hasn't been cleaned.

NEVER jump to replacing parts UNTIL you have properly cleaned the machine.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA 250ci white space

I think I've seen this before. The transfer belt rides on these bronze bushings at the corners of the belt assembly. Sometime these bronze bushings whop out inside the bore, but it sounds like you've already changed out that assembly. These bronze bushings ride in the plastic rails on the inner frames, front and rear. In one case I had the rear rail break out, so the belt lost drive intermittently with gear noise. In another case the front rail wore in such a way that the transfer belt would ride up away from the drums at the front during the print cycle. Sometimes just pressing the transfer belt assembly back down would help for a while. The rear rail was a full day project. I haven't tried to change the front rail. My recommendation is that if the transfer belt is riding up, don't fix it. The machine is already obsolete, and you'll do a lot of work for nothing.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I think I've seen this before. The transfer belt rides on these bronze bushings at the corners of the belt assembly. Sometime these bronze bushings whop out inside the bore, but it sounds like you've already changed out that assembly. These bronze bushings ride in the plastic rails on the inner frames, front and rear. In one case I had the rear rail break out, so the belt lost drive intermittently with gear noise. In another case the front rail wore in such a way that the transfer belt would ride up away from the drums at the front during the print cycle. Sometimes just pressing the transfer belt assembly back down would help for a while. The rear rail was a full day project. I haven't tried to change the front rail. My recommendation is that if the transfer belt is riding up, don't fix it. The machine is already obsolete, and you'll do a lot of work for nothing.
    =^..^=
    I've also replaced that rear transfer guide/rail before.... *shudder*

Also check the transfer cleaning earth and those four springs that contact rear of belt.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

An old machine but I had one a few years ago was faded like this mainly to one side. Changed the secondary transfer roller and it fixed it. Iíve never had an issue with a secondary transfer roller causing quality issues before or after.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

So, I'm not a real smart person, but re-reading the post and subsequent suggestions, I cannot see that it was ever stated if this occurs in copy AND print or just copy. It would certainly change things quite a bit if print looks good and copies don't. Can you print different color full page solid images or the U089 pages to see what they look like?