Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Taskalfa 250ci drum or developer

Hello everyone,
    i am new to this forum. I got two taskalfa 250ci very cheap and i am trying to get one printer working for my startup office.
    I am not going to print a high amount, but i need colored A3, fax and network.
    Actually i have white lines when printing gray, full black and colors are ok. I have changed the drum and the developer from the other used machine.
    The pattern changed, but i am not sure if it is the drum or developer? The printers have not used for a long time, is it possible that toner agglutinated
    and the developer needs to be cleaned? I have attached the U089 print.
    I would be very gratefuly for an advice where to start. Many thanks in advance,
    Hecke
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Max's Avatar

Re: Taskalfa 250ci drum or developer

Try a drum and Dev refresh in system settings. Measure the distance between the bands and a drum radius. If same you possibly have 2 bad drums. Tbh get rid of them. They are nothing more than a money black hole.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Try a drum and Dev refresh in system settings. Measure the distance between the bands and a drum radius. If same you possibly have 2 bad drums. Tbh get rid of them. They are nothing more than a money black hole.
    I have done the drum refesh, but i ll have a look for the Dev refesh.
    The lines are not periodic, they are along the feed direction. In this case could the developer be the cause?
    I ve seen the drums are not color specific, so i have 4 as spare. At least one of them should work. Many thanks 😀

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If the line are lead to trail than it looks like developer unit,
    try to put a piece of paper between the mag roller and blade on the dv unit

Quote Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
    I have done the drum refesh, but i ll have a look for the Dev refesh.
    The lines are not periodic, they are along the feed direction. In this case could the developer be the cause?
    I ve seen the drums are not color specific, so i have 4 as spare. At least one of them should work. Many thanks 😀

Technician

I have done a dev refresh and it made a good result. Its not perfect, but actually the printer is usable.
    Maybe the paper between the mag roller and blade will bring the last out of it. I ll try it with the other unit from my spare machine next week and keep you updated.
    This helped me a lot, many thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
    I have done a dev refresh and it made a good result. Its not perfect, but actually the printer is usable.
    Maybe the paper between the mag roller and blade will bring the last out of it. I ll try it with the other unit from my spare machine next week and keep you updated.
    This helped me a lot, many thanks
    a few more things to try... ( yes also do the paper/doctor blade trick )

pull the dev units... turn gear slowly so you can see if the mag roller gets even coat of toner/devpdwr..

if you can see voids.. take a dry green scrubby pad ( like for dishes ) remove any caked on color to reveal aluminum roller... spin all the way around bit by bit to repeat process until clean. (you might have to re-do dev refresh )

also make sure laser glass is clean.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Also did a piece of paper trick. May work best if you dump developer from dev unit, I also use to give a dev unit a few firm taps with my screwdriver hand tip. Carefully clear doctor blade gap from debris.
    Sieve developer mix through fine kitchen filer to remove waste and caked parts. Poor mixture back, done.

Sigh, not missing those days my hands dirty, my nose filled with black discharge... soooo glad that KM use to exchange the whole damn thing at BIG intervals and if one dare to mess with compatible toners...good luck costly dev unit(no separate parts avail) and lesson learned
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I don't think the paper trick will work on this model. It has two developing rollers. The lower has developer and toner, the upper toner only. And it's got some kind of coating that you won't want to damage with a scrubbie. If you really want the quality back you'll want to replace the developing unit.

Keep in mind that you shouldn't do that developer stir more than, say, twice consecutively. If it was dumping toner a little when you started, it will be dumping toner a lot when it's done, and you'll have to change the developing unit. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I don't think the paper trick will work on this model. It has two developing rollers. The lower has developer and toner, the upper toner only. And it's got some kind of coating that you won't want to damage with a scrubbie. If you really want the quality back you'll want to replace the developing unit.

Keep in mind that you shouldn't do that developer stir more than, say, twice consecutively. If it was dumping toner a little when you started, it will be dumping toner a lot when it's done, and you'll have to change the developing unit. =^..^=
    Thanks as always for correcting us BC.

all hail the Duke! ( no insult intended Sir! )

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The laser glass needs cleaned