Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 50+ Posts

How Good are the KM-C2525E, colour copiers

Hi,
    We are thinking of selling and servicing the KM-C2525E. I have never worked on these machines before I am a Ricoh trained tech.
    Has anybody experience servicing these machines?
    Are they reliable or difficult to service?
    The manuals say they have a P.M. cycle of 300k, is these fairly accurate? What about connectivity issues scan to folder etc?
    Apologies for all the questions, but I am a newbie with regard to these machines I have been working on Ricoh for the last 10 years any of your thoughts, experiences and feedback would be greatley appreciated.

Technician
    I've worked on Kyocera for about 2 years and am certified on pretty much everything they carry, the only problems I have seen with any of the color machines is the gear on the exit part of the fuser turns colors and breaks off pretty quick, ive seen them do it in under 20,000 prints but other than that they seem to be ok machines. By the way you will like working on them everythings comes in units so their relly not hard to work on, unless you have to take the laser assembly out( did it during training) its a pain.

t_foot2

service on color copiers

I've serviced these and the first color Kyocera put out. The fusers are weak but better on the E modes. Had problems with dev units too but they did a update on those. I have one running several thousand a month, newsletters, folded and stapled doing great.
    Print\Scan is very easy to setup and is easy to work.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

That machine will soon be updated. The new versions feature better connectivity, a color screen & other updates to the existing box. Hopefully only making it better. I'm in school next week for it. I believe Kyoceradude on here was there yesterday & today.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Now that Kyocera has solved the fuser and developer spacer problems, they seem to run great. There seem to be an endless stream of user problems (loading the paper on the wrong side of the tray, changing the IP address, loading cyan toner into the magenta slot, enabling distinctive ring for the fax, etc...), but I've come to believe that all color machines are plagued by these helpful users. Or maybe I'm just lucky. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar

Thumbs up TASKalpha rocks....

Hey Guys,

I was at the training last week, and from what I saw the TASKalpha is going to be a great machne. The color quality seem to be pretty darn good and the display is awesome. The machine is more or less a Voyager repackaged, but with many, many improvements. The only problem I saw was the amount of PCB's in the machine and they are on their, because of this, I think he said sixth or seventh firmware upgrade? Oh well, time will tell.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

not that great

we've only had trouble with them. fuser, dev and exit, and endless firmware updates. unfinished product when it came out, although the 'e'-series or voyager 1,5 if you will, was slightly improved. and they're slow on certain things, like if toner-coverage is high and something as plain easy as switch btw. bypass-feed and papermag feed. i really hope they sort all of these faults out on the new taskalfas, since im very pro kyocera black/white-machines

i'd stick to ricoh. mpc-series been great, cannot compare to old 3 or 4 series.

easy to service though.