Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: kyocera KM-2550

archiectn

kyocera KM-2550

Good day!I have problem with Kyocera KM-2550.The first time I've checked the machine it only need to be replace with new toner cartridge.Eventually, the new toner was put inside.After I left the place the machine indicates checked toner container,& the customer call me back.I checked again I removed & returned the toner cartridge inside.I already replaced the waste toner tank also with new one.I made several copies & its good,after one day the problem comes back.I need help.

Thank you

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    kyocera  KM-2550

Was it an OEM toner cartridge that you installed? Most Kyocera products have an RFID sensor that identifies an OEM cartridge.

Have you checked the associated drive for the toner cartridge and the developing unit? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    If this is the "reseat toner" message its down to the toner cartridge being non oem and i had to adjust the blue collar that holds the toner in place or as black cat says check the toner drive.

IT goofball 50+ Posts
    Im going out on a limb here, but,make sure its the correct toner cartridge and not for a 1650 or 2050.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    kyocera  KM-2550

The KM-2550 toner DOES NOT use RFID

Your toner might not be fully inserted or you might have a broken auger inside your toner container.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    There's a switch behind the toner container. I've never had one of these fail, but it looks similar to the Falcon toner container detection.

It's part number 2C927140, item 38 on Figure 2. Also on the parts list page, the unlabeled part to the top left of the switch is the "key" that prevents 1650/2050 toner from going into a 2550.

tech
    We had the same problem "check toner cartridge" we were told to take the blue knob that now comes with all of the new toners and turn the toner gears until these gears can turn extremely smooth. The toner motor is way too weak to turn the slightly bound up toner cart. The problem has not come back.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I have seen these cartridges look very similar but have different drive couplings at the rear. So the toner would not come out but the cartridge would still fit.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    kyocera  KM-2550

Had this before, simply wedge a folded piece of paper between the toner cart and the blue lever to push the cart fully into the machine and then the sensor is fully activated,hope this helps..