Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Km4035e color prints lines in centre receiving trar

Weird problem. This 4035e color machine has a mail box option. If a print is sent to the mailbox or finisher, all is well, great prints. If the print is sent to the centre receiving tray ( bay in the centre of the main body), the prints have heavy (vary in width from a couple of mm to maybe 9 or 10 mm) distict lines on the prints along the length of travel. Would look like white out slopped randomly on the slit glass if using the DF. Lines move about from print to print with different widths. This only happens on print and to the internal catch tray, copies are fine and prints to the options are fine. Any answer to this weirdness?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    By center receiving tray, are you talking about the internal output tray or the JS-710 Job Separator (which is required for a DF-710 installation) tray? If it's the output tray, then I'd look at the exit unit. On the previous line of Voyagers, the exit units some issues. Does the problem occur with each print or is the first or second fine and the problem gets worse? Try printing to both the intenal output tray and the job separator tray. Then try printing to the finisher and copying the exact thing you were printing to the internal output tray and job separator trays. Also try printing double sided to each of the options and see if the front side has the problem. Anytime you print or copy double sided, the first side will always convey to and reverse through the exit unit and then eject to your output destination.

Technician
    Hi. The problem occures going to the internal tray, no job seperator installed. I didn't see samples of duplexed prints but in say a 5 page print document, 1 or 2 varying pages will consistantly show the random lines. If the prints are outputted to the finisher or the mailbox bolted to the finisher, all is well. I was going to redo the firmware but then the procedure becomes confusing. The manual advises to format the CF card on the printer, OK, but the printer after formating creates 5 or 6 folders on the card. After I unzip the firmware, do I drop the unzipped files in the root of the CF card (leaving the created folders) or are the files suppose to go into one of the created folders on the CF card or do I just delete the folders created and drop the unzipped files on the blank card? We only have 4 or 5 of these copiers out and don't have a whole lot of experience with the model. I might also add that this line problem occures only on print, copying is fine, no lines to the internal bay.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    There has to be a job separator installed in order to have a finisher. The job separator includes the brackets and left cover with the opening so the paper can exit to the finisher. Anywho, drop the unzipped firmware files onto the root of the CF card.

Technician
    OOHS!! Brain freeze. Yes,there is a seperator in the internal bay. I am sort of helping one of the other techs looking for an answer. But we will have to check that exit unit out. Thank you for the firmware headsup.

Technician
    Turns out it was a driver issue. The instructors (who have mail boxes on the finisher) were printing with the correct driver setup and having no problems. The students (who can only print to the centre receiving area), and who were having the problems, had something set up incorrectly on the drivers at their workstations (PCL something). All is well.