Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

FS9530 w/ PF750 = jams

Banging my head on this one. I have a 9530 that only has a problem when feeding from the 750, all other paper sources work fine. As the paper feeds (multi page print jobs) from the 750, the paper begins to buckle prior to reaching the reg roller. It may run 50-75 pages before it happens or it may feed only 4 or 5. Once the paper begins to buckle it progressively gets worse until it buckles enough to fold over, never reaching the reg rollers. I have replaced everything in the 750 and swapped the entire guts with a working one. On the 9530 I have switched out the entire vertical unit and the lower gate. Cleaned clutches was no help either. I updated firmware and tested everything in maint mode. Also installed the sensore spacer kit. I just can't see what the problem is. I think it is mechanical.

After a jam I have 1 paper partialy out of the exit and in the bite of the fuser, a folded over peice at the upper gate just before the rollers that mate with the bypass rollers, and a 3rd sheet just stalled prior to hitting the folded peice at the upper gate. There is no paper feed started at the 750.
    Any suggestions?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    FS9530 w/ PF750 = jams

Check the EVENT LOG in the printer to see exactly what is triggering the jam. You can go to the web interface on the NIC and send the following text command to the printer to get the event log and status page to print out. Then look in the service manual to decode the event log and figure out what the machine thinks caused the jam.

Code:
    !R! ELOG; STAT1; EXIT;
    I think you can get to the event log through the service menu on the newer printers but I have always just used the above command from the web interface

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    1.crossing bars that have the railing/attachment for feed-unit on them are bendt like a banana.
    2. lower switch faulty, doesn't detect any paper from pf750=feeds and feeds paper until jam occur.
    3. sep. roller gone.

Quote Originally Posted by West Texas Flash View Post
    Banging my head on this one. I have a 9530 that only has a problem when feeding from the 750, all other paper sources work fine. As the paper feeds (multi page print jobs) from the 750, the paper begins to buckle prior to reaching the reg roller. It may run 50-75 pages before it happens or it may feed only 4 or 5. Once the paper begins to buckle it progressively gets worse until it buckles enough to fold over, never reaching the reg rollers. I have replaced everything in the 750 and swapped the entire guts with a working one. On the 9530 I have switched out the entire vertical unit and the lower gate. Cleaned clutches was no help either. I updated firmware and tested everything in maint mode. Also installed the sensore spacer kit. I just can't see what the problem is. I think it is mechanical.

After a jam I have 1 paper partialy out of the exit and in the bite of the fuser, a folded over peice at the upper gate just before the rollers that mate with the bypass rollers, and a 3rd sheet just stalled prior to hitting the folded peice at the upper gate. There is no paper feed started at the 750.
    Any suggestions?
    [
    this may help youSB-8543[1].pdf

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by fitsy.13 View Post
    [
    this may help youSB-8543[1].pdf
    Thanks for the replies. Turned out to be the main motor, it was slowing down causing excesive paper buckle and time out. What threw me was that it never indicated any problems from the other paper feed sources.

By the way, I have drilled holes and bolted the hook bracket in place on all the pf750's. That eliminated my problems with those.