Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    New Machines from Kyocera

Has anyone else played with the new KM-3050, 4050, and 5050 yet. The machine looks great but the operation panel SUCKS. The touch screen is way too slow! I hated the machines Mita got from Konica because the op panel was a pain in the ass and confused all the customers. this thing is worse then those machines! They better do something about it before sales drop off.

Project Warder
    Crap touch screens ? Damn. I was looking forward to playing with the new machines. We havent sold any yet, but are looking at replacing a load of older machines we have out there with new ones. Mainly selling Colour machines at the moment, though.

Are the panels still in Kyocera format ? Or are they very different ?

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    I've only seen them in passing. From what I have seen, I like. Didn't play with the touchscreen much though, so I can't honestly comment. Did the on-line update training. Currently we have a tech at the boot-camp, learning the networking side. I'll let you know tomorrow when he gets back.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

they look great, they just react so slow when you hit anything that it screws you up. you go to make 22 copies and you hit 22 and nothing happens soy you hit the 2 again and next thing you know the thing displays 222. I guess I would say they there is excessive lag time with the op panel.

Project Warder
    My senior tech has done some training for them (i think. He went in for the new colour series) so i'll grab some info off him when he comes up next.

Maybe a bit of RAM or firmware upgrade could/should do the trick. But those machines have features that Kyocera havent put in other machines before, so it could just be stretching what their core OS can handle. Again, dont know.

I look forward to selling one or two so i can play around with it in the workshop for a few days before we hand it over to the customer.

Technician

Smile Slow operation panel.

There is a firmware update to counteract the slowness of the panel

Quote Originally Posted by kmking View Post
    There is a firmware update to counteract the slowness of the panel
    My tech just went to school last week Tuesday. He experienced the slow op panel. At that time they did not mention an update. What version firmware is that?

The Jury is in!!

Finally got my hands on the new KM-5050. In reference to the slow op panel... IT SUCKS!!!!!!! I could not find any firmware upgrade to take care of this problem. Only the initial firware is posted on Kyocera's website. Anyone else hear about an upgrade for this SUCKY SLOW op panel?

Project Warder
    Hmm. Not sounding good, then. I'll have to keep that in mind in terms of selling these. Though we are pushing the colour machines because they are better. Heh. Have you guys spoken to Kyocera about the problem ? They can offer no solution ?

There is no update for the slow op panel and probable will not be one.