Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    buau1todd

KM-2530 w/ SRDF-2 that pulls multiple pages at a time...

Hello,

I have a KM-2530 that pulls multiple pages at a time in the SRDF-2.

I have taken the top plastic cover off and see nothing out of the ordinary. I have copied several tests and have found that the process seems to work fine and then pulls several pages on others. I have tested with various other reams of paper from other manufactures and see the same results.

Any ideas?

Thank you,
    Todd Simpson

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    whats the sep like - is it worn? Have you tried it in sim mode?

buau1todd
    I do not know much copier jargon, so please excuse if I get it wrong.

The sep, the separator pad? Well, if you mean the pad on the lower bar in the input feed, then it was worn and the rubber did not hold paper very well. I looked for replacements and did not find any. So I started to experiment in rebuilding the surface. I built test resurfacing on a small piece of shimming wood. I found that rubber cement built the most compatible gripping surface. I then applied the rubber cement to a like rubber surface and it did adhear to the rubber surface well. I then prepped the separator pad by cleaning possible oils and roughened up the surface with a wire brush. I then applied 3 very light coats of the rubber cement to the separator pad. I paid very close attention to the hieght of the separator pad to the contour of the metal frame holding the separator pad. The hieght looked great and the friction was what I though very acceptable.

I then re-installed the separation pad and frame. The result was that no longer the last pages went through the when the document feeder pulled several sheets. The last sheets fed through as theya are suppose to. But, still had the problem of several sheets feeding at the same time.

Sim mode, I am not familiar with that at all. Please explain...

Thank you,
    Todd Simpson

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM-2530 w/ SRDF-2 that pulls multiple pages at a time...

Sounds like you need to replace the tires.

you have to change the roller separation when removing the cover from the top two really feed rollers, you must replace that the roller under the left
    the reference is.3BC07020 PULLEY,SEPARATION

Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Also make sure that the pulley arms (labeled 29 on that parts sheet, part# 3BC07071) are attached properly. I've seen a few pop out of place lowering the sep tire on one end. There's a new style that doesn't have this problem since it wraps all the way around its anchor.