Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kyocera wide format?

Does anyone work in the Kyocera wide format equipment, what do you think, how do they run, are they easy to keep running?

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    I am not sure about the rest but the KM-3650W is a rebadged kip 3000 series and they run very well but don't use the built in stacker sell them an external stacker instead.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    The 3650W looks pretty good to me. Only have one out there so far. The PDF printing option dealer cost about $2200.00. That's kind of pricey. Any work arounds to print PDF's? Now the 4850W (we have about 12 out there) has many issues.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    don't use the built in stacker sell them an external stacker instead.
    What kind of problems with the internal stacker? Other than the obvious, paper falling on the floor behind the machine.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera wide format?

Quote Originally Posted by kyoceradude View Post
    Now the 4850W (we have about 12 out there) has many issues.
    What problems? We about thirty KM-4850w in the field and except for some past issues with the original style CAD Master controller they run great. We have them running anywhere from 100 to 10,000 feet per month and they are all money makers.

The new KM-3650w seems OK, it is still too early to tell but the 4-5 we have out seem to be running OK but they are all low volume.

We still have a handfull of old DC-3648 3648sr 3648r and Xi-3648 machines chuggung away (under contract), parts are starting to get hard to find but for the price people are willing to pay they are well worth the trouble.

If your a Kyocera dealer and your not selling/servicing wide format you are walking away from a ton of revenue.

Technician

Thumbs up Wide Bodied Printers

The km-4850 is a dream machine,As long as you keep the firmware up to date,as there are issues with acrobat 7.0 and above.I have found version 3.3_009 takes care of these issues.As for the new km-3650 ...ahhh.its OK if you want to draw stick diagrams,NO GRAY scale for this machine,Although its more software friendly than its big mother the 4850,its missing the quality.Spend the money and stick with the 4850,its a good money spinner,requiring its first major service at 300,000 clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by 10871087 View Post
    What problems?
    Agreed, they are money makers. We service many "Staples" accounts. (how do you make money on this National Account) Need I say more. This is addition to the equipment we sold. The issues we have had consist of, of course, the original Cad Master Controllers. Kyocera is not very helpful with those. If you've had a major problem with the cad master, it is easier to just upgrade it to the newer version (for a cost of about $2200.00). The T/S high voltage PCB's going bad, even on a machine 2 months old. The resulting jams from c-5110 codes (t/s high voltage leak) have caused damage to the guide mylar (mostly due to improper paper jam removal). We even had to eat a machine that was out in the field for about 13 months (79,932 ft. of paper) because of major issues with printing. (many errors even after upgrading the Cad Master - version 2- to a much more expensive Ratio Controller. Had to pay GEI to come out because Kyocera wouldn't)) Sue and be sued situation. Don't get me wrong, we do have a few machines that are "cha....ching" 300,000 ft +. And yes, we still have 3648's out there. Time will tell on the KM-3650W.

QIS
    I have a xi3648 wide format and It runs pretty good but parts are hard to get for it, the quality is excelence

not...happy

Unhappy Wastes mass quantities of paper.

From a user's perspective, the KM-3650 leaves much to be desired. I still can't print pdfs from reader software...need to use the Print Client KM. That is to say, it prints... a whole sheet of garbage.

For a while there the plotter was cutting the pages short...the local tech finally figured out it was too much tension on the roll. Who adjusted the tension? A Kyocera rep because the machine wouldn't use the whole roll. Guess he'll be back out.

Anyway, anyone interested in a sub-lease? Near Sacramento, CA.

Expert on The Obsolete 100+ Posts leroyal's Avatar
    Just like your boss says...."It's just a big 1205"