Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Bradley

Wierd Paper Jam Issue on KM-C3232E

Greetings all,

I have a 3232E that i am working on that has a wierd issue.

In tray 1 you can set any type of paper in the tray and feed out of it just fine.
    Tray 3 is an LCT and has no jammin issues either.
    Tray 2 however if you put 11x17, legal size or letter(R) if feeds fine. But if you put letter in it in the regular position (long side to left of tray) it jams every time. It feeds out of the tray and into the conveyance section and the lead edge gets about 8mm to the Feed 1 sensor. The trail edge is still in the feed unit.

This is what I have tried so far:

-I have swapped the feed units from tray 1 and 2 and didn't change anything.
    -I have upgraded the Firmware to the 09-08 release and again no change in the problem
    -Tested all conveyance sensors thru simulation and tested good. as well as clutches related to tray 2.
    -changed paper out with new paper to rule out paper issues.

No one in my company has encountered this before and out regional rep is an idiot and doesn't like to do his job. So I'd like to get some ideas before I start the pulling teeth process with Kyocera. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bradley

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Wierd Paper Jam Issue on KM-C3232E

Sounds like you've done about everything but swap lift units. Shouldn't make any difference but worth a try.
    Can't you just leave letter-r, legal or ledger in the trays ? No sense in killing yourself for no reason.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Jam 2 cassette

This has easy solution, you must upgrade the firmware to the latest version and modify the springs in the side door, you need install 2 more springs, see the attached newsletter. Greetings!

I would do 2 things, first check and cleanrollers vertical trajectory.
    second test to remove the spring is in the pick up of the feed unit that makes you press the pick up roller

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    something else that might work: push in (and hold it in. use your knee!) the side door when in use. if things are ok then: stretch springs that push the white plastic hooks that holds the door. quick and easy, and best of all: it works. doesn't hurt to clean rollers either

Bradley
    Thank you all for the suggestions. This customer takes about 4 hours to drive to and now i have some ammo to take with me. Ill post a solution that takes care of it. Thanks.

Technician

Grease in the vertical conveying drive unit

This problem has been identified~in the vertical conveying section drive unit there three drive clutches that get the excess gear grease into them I repalce them although you can try cleaning them and remove axtra grease from gears-do this and no more jams from tray 2