Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KM 3035 Light on side 2

I have a 3035 and a 5035 that are light on 1 side when making 2 sided copies. Firmware is up do date and voltage from the outlet is correct. I can fix the problem for a short tme by replacing the transfer roller. I have been told to replace the left side door, dev housing, or power supply by tech support. Wanted to hear your thoughts before I go to that expense. Thanks in advance

Service Manager 100+ Posts Raymondd's Avatar
    Keny,
    Did you replace just the trans roller or the whole assy?

The assembly 302FG93092, twice.

Arcing main charge units often cause strange electrical problems on these machines. This would be something relatively inexpensive to try...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    there are some grounding plates on the end of the transfer roller (backside). make sure those are in place and then check the ground plate inside the machine where the grounding plates of the transfer roller connect. i have seen the ones inside get out of position and cause this.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    this seems strange. you change the transfer unit and it works a short while? sure fw is ok (bam-nobam), because this is totally classic for that one.

on very old 3035-4035-5035 kyo came out with a fix containing the whole transfer/transport/door unit, but i believe that was for transport issues.

IT Technician

Firmware ver ?

What version is the firmware you are using ?

KM-3035_4035_5035_BAM_MAIN_2FGS1015S_MMI_2FGS2015L_La nguage_2FG29347K

KM-3035_4035_5035_MAIN_2FGS1015S_MMI_2FGS2030E_Langua ge_2FG29347K

I can remember that kyocera changed the transfeer current acording to SB-7163

If the transfer roller becomes dirty by the repeated copy operation (around the
    time of reaching 100K copy), in duplex mode, the reverse side of image might
    not be successfully transferred. Therefore change the transfer current value for
    the reverse side of plain paper. (Increase the transfer current.)
    (Plain paper: A3, A4, B4, B5, 11x8.5, 11x17, Reverse side in duplex copy mode,
    Absolute temperature: Humidity 100 or less)
    KM-4035/5035: (Current condition) 60μA (Change) 100μA

/Rune

In response to the last 3 posts, all grounding plates, staps and connections are in good shape. I changed the transfer/duplex/transport door yesterday. Will have to wait and see if it works. Also using the latest firmware but did not know about changing the transfer current. The last transfer roller I replaced only had 2000 copies on it so I don't know if that is necessary.

Transfer curraent KM 3035

What sim raises the transfer current? I've got the same problem at a church up here. Someone said sim 101 but that shows TC = 120 value. I don't think that value is the current rating, (or is it)?

According to the manual 120 is the default setting. I did not change this setting on my machine. Rather I replaced the transfer transport section. So far so good, but I won't be certain unless it goes for at least 6 months or more.