Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

8030 pm issues,lines on copies

On a handfull of our machines this has happened.Before the pm you can see 2 rotational scratchs on the drum from the drum fingers.However they do not show up on the copies.After doing a perfect full pm,the lines then start to show on the copies.To lighten exposure dosnt seem to help.We are in the process of finding out about warranty on these drums.Have any of you had this also?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts randula7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonimage View Post
    On a handfull of our machines this has happened.Before the pm you can see 2 rotational scratchs on the drum from the drum fingers.However they do not show up on the copies.After doing a perfect full pm,the lines then start to show on the copies.To lighten exposure dosnt seem to help.We are in the process of finding out about warranty on these drums.Have any of you had this also?
    print one counter and attach with one copy because impossible with kyocera km 8030 if you maintenance well this machine it's work.only 500k copy's I replace web then fuser roller get line replace pm kit when you replace web its work upto 800k(min)hear i am west africa now (toooooooooo,much dust) km8030 realy best

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    8030 pm issues,lines on copies

I haven't had this problem, but I'll share some ideas.

The drum blade wears in a pattern to match the drum surface. When you change the cleaning unit you are installing a new blade that doesn't match the contours of the drum. If I was experiencing this problem I'd leave the original cleaning unit in as long as possible. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    have had the same problem on a couple machines. it doesn't look like a bad scratch/wear on the drum, but it shows on the printouts now and then. suspected something wrong with cleaning first, so i changed that, but no success. changed drum=ok. on one machine it showed up after 1,5 mill and only 460.000 on another one. claim the drums if they're under 3y/4,5mill

Technician
    seen it on one of my machines. Replaced the drum and sent the damaged one back under warranty. Happened again on the same machine. Rep. suggested trying to remove the Drum Sep. Claws, then paper got pulled into cleaning unit and CQ got really bad. I re-installed the claws and just keep replacing the drum under warranty whenever it happens.

Smile

i only had one problem with these machines and the lines in the drum it turn out not to be the drum it was the white reference plate with these machines they do a quick reference check before they do a copy i sent back a drum on warranty with the lines on but it failed as there copy came out with no lines on km are now testing all 6030 8030 drums under warranty now as they are aware about the line with the white reference
    hope this helps

Technician
    are you talking about the reference plate in the optics under the glass,and what about the fine line adjustment?

are you talking about the reference plate in the optics under the glass,and what about the fine line adjustment?
    yes to both