Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts randula7's Avatar

Question KM 8030 close finisher cover

I have problem with KM 8030 I replace fixing motor and gear 88 it's work fine after around 20 copy's display appear close finisher cover I check all finisher connectors all is ok check with other finisher same problem now machine tern on display appear close finisher cover. Any ideas?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM 8030 close finisher cover

It helps a lot that you could try on a different finisher. That completely rules out the finisher as far as I'm concerned.

I'm thinking that you've got one of two possible problems. To narrow it down you'll need to meter out the finisher doorswitch signal at YC14 pin 1 on the engine PWB to frame ground. I don't see any reference as to what sort of values to expect, but I would look for logic levels (0.1vDC = low, 3.75+vDC = high)

1) If it does not change state when the front doorswitch is actuated, you've got a wiring harnass problem somewhere between the finisher connector on the back of the machine, and YC14 pin 1 on the engine PWB.

2) If it does change state you've got a bad engine PWB.

#1 will take a little more work to track down the broken wire or connector, but much cheaper. That's what I would hope for. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts randula7's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It helps a lot that you could try on a different finisher. That completely rules out the finisher as far as I'm concerned.

I'm thinking that you've got one of two possible problems. To narrow it down you'll need to meter out the finisher doorswitch signal at YC14 pin 1 on the engine PWB to frame ground. I don't see any reference as to what sort of values to expect, but I would look for logic levels (0.1vDC = low, 3.75+vDC = high)

1) If it does not change state when the front doorswitch is actuated, you've got a wiring harnass problem somewhere between the finisher connector on the back of the machine, and YC14 pin 1 on the engine PWB.

2) If it does change state you've got a bad engine PWB.

#1 will take a little more work to track down the broken wire or connector, but much cheaper. That's what I would hope for. =^..^=
    thanks blackcat
    that's what I wont to no because I don't no witch pin in YC14 I must have to check and values. I am going to check it.