Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    I have been have a CF337 Code when using the Faxing out.Faxing in No problems. Nothing is in the Service Man., Operation Man. It happen everyonce and a while but it locks them out of the machine have you guys seen this??

Technician

FAULTY DIMM

Hi. I installed a fax on our taskalfa in the office and got the code C0650. It ended up being the memory module supplied with the unit that was causing the code. Kyo supplied me with a new one....Happy Days.

Technician
    I had Faxing Problem called Kyocera and they said that this months (JUNE) Firmware was going to be mainly for all the Fax Problems. Try to see if it out already.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Taskalfa and FaxsystemQ

I had the Kyocera Tech visit me and try to sort out this problem.
    Before he arrived I had to recreate this error. I got a 500 ci with a working fax and did a send receive test all ok. I took the fax and dimm out and placed it into a 250 and it still worked so I got another 300ci placed the fax kit in this and got the c650 error bingo!

We came to the conclusion that the firmware level made no difference* as the fax worked in a 250 that had not been upgraded, after a few hours he DOA'd the machine!

As a matter of interest I learnt that the very early Taskalfa's didnt recognise the fax at all so thats why the firmware update is suggested in the instructions.

*As an explanation lets assume all the early Taskalfa's had version 1 firmware which didnt recognise the fax. Kyocera fixed the problem with version 1.5 firmware and started updating to version 1.5 in the factory. But version 1.5 was quickly modified to version 2 and placed on the site as a dowload.

We never recieved any of these very early Taskalfa's so the update we have been doing does nothing to the fax functionality.

Just a few maintenance modes you might want to take a look at:

U002
    U252
    U265

Also, scroll through the maintenance modes to see if there any in the U600s that show up when the fax is installed, those are usually fax related on Kyocera machines.

Thumbs up Re: Taskalfa and FaxsystemQ

hi i was having similar problem c650 but when i went to service mode u600,there was a clear dimm.when i did that it worked.hope that will help you