Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Taskalfa and FaxsystemQ

Taskalfa and FaxsystemQ

Hi all.

Were having some problems setting up the Fax on a Taskalfa prior to sending the copier out to the customer. We unbox the copier place it on a pedestal / paper feeder and fit the doc feeder. We then run U410 (density adjustment) then test the copier.
    Firmware update TASKalfa250ci_300ci_400ci_500ci_02.00.0040 is usually required as mentioned in the fax instructions.
    In some cases the fax works but on other occasions we get a C0650 which is "FAX image DIMM problem check improper DIMM is installed".

On one occasion we had a Taskalfa 400ci which had a fax fitted and tested but for some reason was cancelled by the customer. We needed to get a Taskalfa 250ci to another customer and I was asked to remove the fax from the 400 and fit it to the 250. The fax didnt work in the 250 giving the C650 error described above, both machines had the firmware update. I fitted the fax back into the 400ci and it worked..

If my memory serves me right on the earlier Kyocera products there was a service mode clear and a country select you had to do after fitting the fax. There doesnt seem to be anything like this for the Taskalfa fax.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Taskalfa and FaxsystemQ

I'd get them updated to the latest firmware 5.0 and see if you still have trouble.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Taskalfa and FaxsystemQ

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    I'd get them updated to the latest firmware 5.0 and see if you still have trouble.
    The Kyocera site we use 'extranet.kyoceramita-europe.com' lists 4 as the latest where is version 5 available from?

There is a 16MB ram memory in the memory expension slot of your Task 400 that u need to remove and put in your Task 250
    Last edited by Berny; 05-16-2009 at 05:38 PM.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Taskalfa and FaxsystemQ

Sorry, your english is so good I thought you were here. In the US we are up to version 5 on firmware.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Taskalfa and FaxsystemQ

Quote Originally Posted by Berny View Post
    look at your 400 ... there is a 16MB ram memory that u need for your fax
    Both the memory and fax board were swapped between the machines they work in one and not in another.

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Sorry, your english is so good I thought you were here. In the US we are up to version 5 on firmware.
    It seems I have got a bit muddled here, the firmware update we use upgrades to 5x sorry I cannot remember the exact version as I am at home and therefore cannot log into the Kyocera site to check the exact numbers.

[QUOTE=skynet;75808]Both the memory and fax board were swapped between the machines they work in one and not in another.

try U671 - Recovery Fax Dimm :
    Enables DIMM that was used in another machine.

Taskalfa and FaxsystemQ

Quote Originally Posted by Berny View Post

try U671 - Recovery Fax Dimm :
    Enables DIMM that was used in another machine.
    Thanks but I forgot to say that this C0650 error locks up the machine and we cannnot get into service mode, the machine just bleeps with every button press and nothing happens. I spoke to Kyocera tech a while back and they are aware certain errors lock out service mode.

So unless theres some special buttons you can hold down when turning on the power like some other copiers it seems I am stuck with this.

itjobs
    same problem here, but i managed it, im not sure about the right Ucode but its anywhere in 6xx, called something like Intialize Fax Dimm, maybe its the 671, error was gone after "reformatting" the Fax Dimm.

i managed to get into the service mode even with error C0650

Remembers 900d (redtop)

TASKalfa

I believe that you have to do system init. from the system menu. This will wipe the info from the fax memory. Start machine with front door open, go into system menu and do the format. If still you cant get in, front door open and go into sim and format drive. I think this is a security that you are switching the fax/ memory from one to another. Some one could take the momory card and print out faxes that didn't print out. Just make sure that firmware is highest before and after (5.xx) Russ