Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Kyocera KM C3232E Z Folding copies

I have a Kyocera KM C3232E with tray option PF-710 (500 sheet tray3 & 4) which z fold almost all copies from tray 3 & 4 (A3 & A4) then sometimes causing jams at the exit. I have replace the option PF710, but it still does it. Trays 1 & 2 work fine without any problems. So i've figured that rules out any of the clutches & soleniods (which i checked any how in the maintenance mode out of desparation). I've just been rereading the service manual and have noticed U051, if i adjust this, firstly can i use this for tray 3 & 4?? and do you adjust the trays separately or secondly if it''s a single adjustment (large & small) will i then have problems from trays 1 & 2??
    If somebody could please give me some idea i will be extemely grateful!

Thanks

Wayne

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

U051 will not solve your problem. This sim adjusts the paper buckle at the registration roller only. The adjustments affect all cassettes equally. So if you change U051, most likely trays #1 & #2 will start to jam or Z-fold, and trays #2 & #3 will not be improved.

Personally I would look at the pressure springs behind the idler rollers in the left door. They came from the factory with one spring per shaft. I began adding a spring for two springs per shaft. Then I found out that the replacement springs are modified to be stronger.

Also look at the motor and clutches driving the vertical path rollers. I've seen the plastic C-clips chewed up, and fallen off in the bottom of the machine, usually accompanied by a nasty scraping noise during feeding.

What jam codes? J12, J19, J24?

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician
    Thanks for the quick reply
    I'm not getting any nasty noises, the printer sounds just how it should. If i print one copy it tends to get z folded, if i print several, about the 3rd print will get crunched up just before the registration (the point that causes the z folding). The jams are J-18, a few at J-31.
    The springs you mentioned is the part number 302FZ22341 and wouldn't this affect prints from trays 1 & 2??

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    switches ok? a quick check on rollersprings is to run the machine as you push the sidedoor in. my guess is faulty switch

The part # I've been using is 302FZ04763.

Theoretically, yes, these springs could affect prints from all sources. But not necessarily. It could be a switch problem, but I haven't seen any of those yet.

Let us know what you find. =^..^=

Technician
    Today i've checked the pressure springs, they all seem ok (even tried printing with the finisher removed and putting pressure on the left doors and compared to a similar printer unfortunately not the same as i would have swapped parts around). Checked the switches again in U31 all ok and as Black cat stated U051 does nothing, which makes me admit there must be a hardware fault and not just a system setting. So out of pure desperation i'm thinking of ordering the feed drive assembly 302FZ93261 as i cannot for the life of me see a problem with any of the feed units. Has anybody got any other ideas????? or should i just start replacing parts? (something i don't like doing if i'm just guessing)
    Thanks
    Wayne

If I was you, I would dig into the mechanics of the vertical path and make sure everything is turning when it should. =^..^=

ron c

bulletin

check bullletin SB-8433 for left door modification

Technician
    Hi Ron

Is there any chance you could forward the bulletin or give me some insight. I would be extremely grateful.

Wayne

ron c

bulletin

Part# 302FZ93313 cover feed lower assembly,pn#302FZ04763springs (4),pn#302JD22010 film.order these parts to fix J-18 problem,it's the lower door assembly.what happens is the finisher pulls at the door for so long and the door can get warped,so adjust your finisher as well.If this does not fix issue than it's the clutch/gear pack in back of copier.but you can find this the kyocera web site