Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Production Tech 100+ Posts texchar555's Avatar
    have you tried looking at the verical rollers ? sometimes the eclip falls off the shaft and the whole shaft is loose. This will also cause creases.

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texchar555 View Post
    have you tried looking at the verical rollers ? sometimes the eclip falls off the shaft and the whole shaft is loose. This will also cause creases.
    Did all that... We swapped the machine. The problem machine is now in an environment that does not use 11 x 17, and has not had a problem since. Also the customer that had the problem has moved, so the issue with an uneven floor could have been the root cause all along. Thanks for all help and suggestions...
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Technician
    I've been having the same problems with 2 5035. problems have appeared in the same time in two different places. both copiers approximately 1300k. I have changed all the unites(even registration and exit ) it did not work. I am going to check fans but have hesitation about this.

Creasing

Move the machines around to different locations, you may find that they work in certain areas better than others. The metal that is used in copiers today is an alloy that we call "tin", because it is so flimsy and forms to the environment that it is in.
    Programmers don't die, they gosub without return...

ronrejjr2000

Kyocera KM-3035 CREASING 11x17

hey guys ) your problem with the creasing is not with the equipment!!!!! you have over trouble shot the problem... it is simply a media problem!! change the supply ..
    Ron

Creasing

The media is always the first thing you try. But every once in a while, you come across a situation that exhausts all possibilities. It happened to me. And I was blown away that the environment could effect the output of the machine to that extent.
    Programmers don't die, they gosub without return...

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronrejjr2000 View Post
    hey guys ) your problem with the creasing is not with the equipment!!!!! you have over trouble shot the problem... it is simply a media problem!! change the supply ..
    Ron
    Sorry to say you are wrong on this one. It may be true in most situation as a media problem. Media has been tried and tried and tried. After swapping, customer moved, so equipment is in totaly different environment and on a different surface. Problem solved.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Technician
    I had this problem before and everything I replace never fixed this problem. Floor flat, move around machine, no change. So the user tried many paper brands until one of them was reliable enough to keep it. Many machines with this problem (mostly eng and architechs firms). Sometimes I did not replace anything and problem went away and then came back 3 months later. It is hopeless sometimes.
    not outsourced yet ...

Technician
    3 other copiers have this problem now (2-5 million copies ).
    I still don't have idea. Nothing helps. Problem is not environment, not paper.

Technician
    At this point, they may be replaced with newer model.
    not outsourced yet ...