A nice Hello from a newbie from germany,

last week we had the following problem with our Kyocera KM-C2525E:

we had a paper jam during copying a A3-sheet

we took out all the jamed paper and everything seems to be ok

we started printing and the paper came out the way it should be

two hours later we started a new Print

and nothing happened

the display said: Error C6030, please call technician

we openend the machine and found a stripe of the fuser folie which was broken from the rest of the folie still in the fuser.

but no one has handled IN the opened machine with hard tools like knifes or srewdrivers.... (we have copiers since 20 years and know how to use them)

Today the technician arrived and told us that it is our fault because we destroyed the folie some mechanicla way.....

The machine is 5 months old and has 36953 copies

Has anyone an idea how the fuser folie could be damaged???
    is ther a posibility to get the fuser for free in warranty time??

Thanks a lot
    OLAF

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I have seen that a few times, I have just been simply replacing the fuser and sending the old one back to Kyocera, I have not noticed any ryme or reason as of yet why they do that. I think it has something to do with the material that it is made out of.

Waldecker

Thanks

for the fast answer

yes the technician changed the fuser

but he told me that i must pay about 550 Euros
    (round about 800 USD) for the change

and there ll be no form of warranty because we obviously damaged it
    and kyocera ist not responsible for these parts of daily use......

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    You must be a chargeable customer, although that machine runs without to many problems, I would advise you to put the machine under warranty and try to get the fuser covered under a maintenance agreement. This helps with the service calls and expenses. I should have ignored this thread if I knew you were a customer. Yes I have seen these machines peel the roller apart in the past and if the machine is under 3 years old Kyocera should warranty the part, if you are a chargeable customer you do not get this warranty your warranty ended in 90 days without a maintenance agreement. That is the way the business works in all of the different copier companies that I have worked for.

fuser

fuser is covered under kyocera warranty for 3 years or 300,000 prints
    would contact kyocera in writing and have the dealer that installed the fuser do a warranty claim.

Kyocera color machines are under warranty for 1 year on all parts and 3 years or 300,000 prints on drums,fuser,dev units, and transfer belt

mdanaj

Smile

Waranty for LLU (Long Life Unit) like Drum Unit, Dev Unit, Fuser Unit Kyocera is 3 years or Lifetime. In this case 300.000 printouts.
    Contact your Kyocera supplier for Guarantee Claim

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I thought this was a technical website to help out other technicians, not a customer website to find out what they should be billled for. Our company gives a 90 day warranty for all new and used equipment, we give the customer a chance to put the equipment under a maintenance agreement, if he does than his parts are covered if he does not then after 90 days his warranty is gone regardless of what Kyocera will warranty or not. I would never ever give a chargeable customer a 300k or 3 year warranty on his parts. That is what a MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT is for.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigdumass View Post
    I thought this was a technical website to help out other technicians, not a customer website to find out what they should be billled for. Our company gives a 90 day warranty for all new and used equipment, we give the customer a chance to put the equipment under a maintenance agreement, if he does than his parts are covered if he does not then after 90 days his warranty is gone regardless of what Kyocera will warranty or not. I would never ever give a chargeable customer a 300k or 3 year warranty on his parts. That is what a MAINTENANCE AGREEMENT is for.
    i agree, this site is for technicians to help other technicians. For warranty issues ring Kyocera.