Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Unhappy KM4035 Duplex jam, 2nd side jams trying to enter fuser

Extremely crazy problem! A million rep points to whoever helps me!!!

Single sided prints work 100% of the time, on duplex prints everything works perfect up until the paper enters the fuser for the 2nd time. The paper is actually not going in the fuser, but turning around and accordion jamming.

I've stopped the print job right before the paper goes in the fuser for the second time. The paper seems positioned perfectly, its not skewed at all.

It results in a JAM 47. Firmware up to date. Even the Kyocera tech support can't give me an answer.

When I use thicker paper, it works _rarely_ maybe 15% of the time, otherwise same jam. I've tried 5 different types of paper and thickness settings, all same problem.

I am completely stumped. Both fuser rollers were replaced and nothing hardware related looks damaged!

Thank you _so_ much for anything at all.

Jason W
    Jason@BestOfficeProducts.org

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Turn the rollers above the fuser in the exit assembly and make sure they are only turning one way. There is also two switches above in the turnaround that begin to get flakey because of the heat. You also have your solenoid that drives the exit assembly gates make sure your spring is still on there and your solenoid is not sticking. Then you have your AK-71 to worry about that it is not getting deformed at all. Then you have your duplex rollers you can take the top one and take the eclip off it slide it off to the side and stretch your duplex spring behind it. And last but not least check your feed tires because this is a timing issue and if the tires are a slipping just a little this will throw off your timing.

got to run good luck

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    For me it's always either the transport rollers on the duplex or the duplex feed clutch.

Check em and clean those rollers with something that makes em tacky again. Just cause it passes the first time doesn't mean it will pass the second time especially if the environment is humid.
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Yeah i would be replacing the clutch as it has caused this problem sometimes.
    But also the rear exit guide (2 screws holds it on the top of the door, meets witth the fuserr) sometimes has caused this jam if its damaged or covered in toner. Might also be worth taking a look at if clutch does not fix it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Do you have any finishers attached? I have had bad experiences with DF-78 Internal Finishers. If you have that, then remove it completely and see if it's still jamming.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    You guys rock so much. 1-800-get-mita gave up on helping me so I can't thank you enough. About to go try all of your recommendations now.

The finisher was attached, but I disconnected it because i heard of something like that. It didn't change anything.

A MILLION THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Let us know how you get on.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Nothing is working, I'm freaking out... Tried 1800-Get-Mita and they said they had no advice.

I'm about to order new duplex feed rollers and the duplex clutch but I don't think they will help. I think it could be fuser related but everything looks fine there too!!

Here's the full scoop... The copier works perfect until it tries to enter the fuser for the second time to fuse the second side. The paper turns around instead of entering the fuser.

The paper is slightly slightly this shape ) which causes it to turn around and not go in. I know that's what is causing the problem. I've tried a brand new ream of paper, and a couple different thicknesses of paper, and tried 8.5 x11 and 11x8.5 and LG. All of them do the exact same slightly concave ) shape which causes the jam. The copier works 100% of the time simplex because the paper is flat | .

Please help me, i really think i'm going to get fired. I've had an awful week.

p.s. the ) shape is from when the paper does the U turn from the duplex section back into the drum section. Its not nearly this extreme of a ) shape, really only slightly concave.. a 1/4 of an inch at most.

thank you _so_ much

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    have you ran simulation 31 to see how all the switches are working, I still believe it is something in the turnaround section above the fuser, sometimes that soleniod sticks, can you gut shot it and try a different duplex, turnaround, ak 71. There is also a one way bearing up there in the turnaround and two switches that get flakey when the machine starts jamming. The concave sounds like the switch to me.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Is it jamming from all cassettes??
    I've noticed that the 3 screws for the cassette registraion in the cassette comes lose and causes it to become out of allignment. The sheet is slightly off centre coming out but goes through on the first side but becomes more off centre on the second side causing the jam.
    Its a shot in the dark but might help.